f o u r

For the first time in a while I was able to sleep comfortably despite carrying a five pound baby in my uterus.

I slept on my side, Anakin hugging me from behind.

He had his hand wrapped around my stomach protectively and his chin on top of my head.

I was cocooned in a blanket of warmth and I couldn't be happier.

**

I got up to attend yet another Senate meeting despite the worsening pain in my back.

I quickly showered and ate before changing into a Senate dress.

Anakin still hadn't moved a muscle, so I decided to wake him up.

"Anakin, honey, we need to leave," I whispered, moving hair out of his face.

I sat down on the bed beside him, looking down at his face.

He was so calm and serene when he was sleeping, too bad I needed to wake him up.

"Anakin," I shook his arm slightly.

He still wasn't budging.

I decided to resort to my last idea and just kiss him.

I leaned down and connected our lips softly, hoping it would wake him up.

Seconds after I could feel him smiling just before he grabbed my head, deepening the kiss.

I pulled away quickly.

"You were awake the whole time weren't you?" I accused.

He simply smirked at me as he sat up in bed, the blanket falling to reveal his bare chest.

The sight made me blush and I turned away.

"What? I can't kiss my wife?" He asked, chuckling as he got up from the bed.

He tugged me to him by my hips, which was hard considering my stomach was in between us.

"I love you," he said before kissing me sweetly

He then turned his attention to my stomach.

"And I love you too," he cooed, placing a chaste kiss on my belly.

The sight made me smile and I wanted nothing more than to stay here with him forever, but I knew I couldn't.

**

The Senate meeting was going as usual, boring and uneventful.

Until Chancellor Palpatine made some interesting comments about Clovis taking over the banks.

There was an uproar of protests from other Senators and representatives.

I narrowed my eyes.

That really didn't sound like a good idea, let alone one that could benefit anyone but himself and Clovis.

I looked from the Chancellor to Clovis and back again.

They always seemed shady to me, like they had ulterior motives.

Perhaps it was my pregnancy hormones, but I couldn't help but feel like the Jedi Council was correct about their assumptions of Clovis being connected to the Separatists.