e i g h t

Verena's pov

Verena's pov

How dare he?

How dare he march into my life, causing problems and stirring feelings I worked so hard to suppress.

I sat on the makeshift bed located in a room on the ship contemplating how I was going to make it through this trip with him.

I'll just refuse to talk to him.

But his very presence messes up my emotions.

When I look at him, it feels like I'm at my first senate meeting.

Uneven breathing, jumbled thoughts, sweaty palms, rapid heart rate.

There's no way out of it, it's inevitable that my feelings for Anakin will only develop and manifest.

I cursed under my breath and rubbed my head, sighing as I did so.

I know he returns these feelings, he's acted on them.

Something I wish I could do, but my position permits me from any distractions.

I wish that him and I could work out and be happy together, but thats all it is, a wish made by a hopeless romantic.

And that's all it will ever be.

And that thought is what triggered the hot tears to rush down my cheeks.

My eyes burned and my face flushed, the tears still falling.

I was frustrated, upset, and confused.

Why did an amazing guy like Anakin have to waltz into my life and mess everything up.

Its like the universe knows my deepest unreachable desires and dangles them in front of me, enjoying my pain.

I want so desperately to reach out and grab them, but I know I can't.

My tears eventually cease and my swollen eyes and lack of energy put me to sleep.

I wake up to Anakin's voice.

"Verena, we're almost there, you should probably wake up."

My eyes fluttered open and I was forced to squint at his figure due to the bright lights.