t h r e e

seven months later
________

I woke up with a painful crick in my neck.

I was forced to sleep on my back with my head propped up now that my stomach was largely protruding from my body.

Everything was hurting or sore.

My back, my feet, my legs, and now my neck.

After a few attempts, I finally managed to get up out of my bed to go to the bathroom and get something to eat.

Regardless of my pregnancy I still had Senate meetings to attend.

I tried my hardest to cover up my swollen belly with large dresses and skirts, but I still felt that it was noticeable.

No one ever said anything, which I was grateful for. If anyone were to ask I don't think I would know what to say.

I once again opted for a large and flamboyant Senate dress for the meeting today, inspecting myself in the mirror after struggling to get it on.

I turned to the side to get a glimpse of my stomach.

I tenderly touched it and smiled, my baby was almost here.

My smile faltered when I realized that there was a very large possibility that Anakin would miss the birth.

He had been gone for nearly two months on a mission with Obi Wan, and I felt my heart breaking more and more everyday he was gone.

Commander Cody and his men had been assigned as my protectors for the time being and they escorted me to the meeting.

I sat with Padmé and Clovis, they had recently rekindled their relationship for some reason, but I caught wind of a rumor that she was spying on him for the Jedi Council, as they had reason to believe he was conspiring with the Separatists.

Though she never told me and I never asked, I had a suspicion that it was true. Padmé would never willingly spend more than five minutes with him unless it was absolutely necessary.

We were given a break from the meeting, which I was extremely grateful for.

Padmé and Clovis seemed busy enough giggling together so I decided to leave them alone.

I walked out of the pod and onto a balcony overlooking Coruscant.

It truly was magnificent, the sun reflected off the panes of glass on the buildings, making the city look like it was shining.

I was admiring its beauty when something on the horizon caught my eye.

What looked to be the front end of a ship was crash landing onto the surface of Coruscant.

It was coming in hot and luckily away from the densely populated areas of the city.

"Anakin," I whispered, knowing the only person who would crash land half of a ship onto a planet was my husband.

I turned to Commander Cody and his men, who were standing outside of the balcony.

"Commander, you're dismissed for today. I think my Jedi protector is back," I pointed to the ship on the horizon and cracked a smile.

"Of course Senator, General Kenobi just com linked me notifying us of his and General Skywalker's return. Shall we escort you to the hanger?"

"Yes please Commander, that would be greatly appreciated,"

**

We arrived quickly, the Senate meeting immediately forgotten.

My heart hammered in my chest as I realized that I was finally going to see my husband after his two months of absence.

I waited for his arrival at the docking station, lingering behind the crowd to avoid gaining any unwanted attention.

I saw him step out of the city ship, my breath hitching immediately.

His hair was significantly longer and he looked tired.

He scanned the crowd, probably looking for me.

I stayed still and waited for him to spot me.

His eyes eventually found mine and his face lit up with a smile.

He said his goodbyes to Obi Wan and speed walked over to me.

I quickly hid behind a large pillar so no one would see us together.

After a moment passed Anakin still didn't show up, I peaked around the pillar, trying to spot him.

"Verena," I heard a voice behind me.

"Anakin," I turned around immediately in surprise, clutching my stomach out of instinct.

My action didn't go unnoticed.

Anakin glanced down to my swollen belly and cracked a smile, placing his hands on my stomach he leaned in for a soft kiss.

"How are you?" he asked after pulling away, "How are both of you?" he moved his gaze back to my stomach before rubbing it slightly.

"We've both been good, a little sore, but nothing too bad,"

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there," he looked at me sadly.

"It's ok Anakin, I'm just glad you're here now," I placed my hand on his face, brushing away hair that had fallen into his eyes.

_______

Please vote and/or comment so I know if you guys are enjoying! Thank you for the continued support!