forlorn

On Monday, Buffy instructed Cyrus to not say anything to Andi about the kiss. He sarcastically remarked, "Like I want to talk to her."

They went about their walk to school normally, Andi and Buffy acting as if nothing had happened, but Cyrus dragged his feet beside them and played with the sleeves of the sweater he decided to wear opposed to the short sleeved shirts he had been wearing the week before.

Andi had questioned his different attire and attitude, but just figured he was in a mood from being at his mother's house. Of course, she thought that this could lead to him having a hard time at her house, perhaps getting hit again, but she ignored it and continued talking to Buffy.

When they got to school, Andi saw Jonah by his locker and it triggered her memory of the previous night. She waited until they were at her locker to turn to them and say, "Guess what happened after Jonah's show."

Buffy quickly looked at Cyrus, who had wild eyes, before smiling to Andi and asking, "What?"

Andi took a deep breath and looked at Buffy. "We kissed."

Buffy tried to look surprise, but Cyrus could feel his heart sink. Tears threatened in his eyes and his blood started to boil. "Oh," Buffy said.

Cyrus stared right at Andi, and when she caught his glance, she paused. He looked at her with a sad face that was twisted in anger before she asked him, "What?"

Cyrus snapped and tears started to appear in his eyes. "Yeah, we know, we saw you," he told her.

Andi looked to Buffy who had her eyes fixed on Cyrus. She looked back to him and asked, "What do you mean?"

Cyrus felt like he was closer to her and Andi felt like she was looking at a wild animal. His eyes were red and watery and it didn't seem like she was talking to a friend. "We saw you guys kiss," he said with gritted teeth. "After you said you two had broken up. And you were supposedly over him and with Walker."

Andi took a step back, Cyrus being too close to her, and stuttered, saying, "Cyrus-" Before he turned and walked away, moving so fast that his bag was bouncing off of his leg.

Andi's mouth was dropped open as she turned to Buffy who sighed and leaned up against the lockers, rubbing her eyes. "What the heck, Andi?"

"He didn't even let me explain," Andi said, going back to her locker.

"Explain what?" Buffy said to her, suddenly hostile.

When Andi turned, Buffy looked in disgust. "Why I kissed him."

"So you didn't kiss him because you liked him?"

"No."

"Are you kidding me?"

Andi couldn't say anything else. Buffy had only gotten mad at her a few times and Cyrus never had. It was shocking to Andi that Buffy had took Cyrus' side on this, especially when no one had listened to Andi's story.

"Cyrus was just getting better and then you do this?

"How does this have any effect on him?"

"Well, Jonah goes and writes a love song for him and you said that you guys broke up. I though-we both thought that Jonah liked him and then as he's getting excited, he turns around and sees that?"

"That's not why we kissed, though!"

"Then why did you?"

"For closure!"

Buffy laughed, a cold hearted breath of laughter. "Closure?" She shook her head at Andi before turning and walking away.

She knew she wouldn't find Cyrus, and that terrified her. She had her first class with him and Andi and that's immediately where she went. On her way, Cyrus came out of the bathroom a few feet in front of her, and she sped up quickly to catch him. She put her hand on his shoulder, which he immediately shook off and she asked him, "Are you alright?"

He rolled his eyes and glared at her, not responding. She threw her arm around him and rubbed his arm as they walked into the classroom.