broken heart

When Cyrus knocked on Buffy's door the next morning, he had a huge smile on his face. He had eaten breakfast and had a pep talk with his step-mother and he was ready for the day. Buffy has a skeptical look on her face when she opened the door.

"You're early," she said

Cyrus shrugged and she let him into the house. When Buffy went off to finish getting ready, her mom came out of the kitchen and saw Cyrus and smiled.

"Hi Cyrus," she greeted him. It had been awhile since she'd seen him in the morning, especially wearing a usual blue sweater and a smile with his hair done.

"Hello," he smiled back at her.

She questioned his choice of a sweater and khakis, asking, "Won't you be hot?"

He shook his head, still smiling, and said, "No, I'm alright."

She disappeared upstairs as Buffy came down, her backpack falling off of her shoulder and her shoes in her hands. She dumped her stuff at Cyrus' feet and went into the kitchen, reappearing with an apple in her mouth. She put on her shoes and said, "Bye," to her mom and said to Cyrus under her breath, "You're wearing a sweater," as she went out the door.

"I'm aware," he responded, shutting the door behind them.

They walked to Andi's apartment with Cyrus skipping away and blabbing on about how his night went, with Buffy not listening and focusing on her apple.

When Andi walked out her door, she was shocked to see Cyrus smiling and saying, "Hi Andi, how are you today?"

She glanced at Buffy, who shrugged, and Andi asked Cyrus, "I'm fine, what's up with you?"

It was like Cyrus exploded as he blurted out, "TJ likes me!"

Andi stopped in her tracks with her mouth dropped open. "Cyrus, we talked about this yesterday," Buffy said to him  "He might not like you, he's misleading."

Cyrus said, "No, my step-mother said that he probably likes me."

Buffy still stood in anger, but Andi forced a smile on her face. "That's great, Cyrus, isn't it Buffy?" She hit Buffy with her elbow, hoping that Buffy would follow along and force a smile. She didn't, she just said, "Cyrus, you don't like TJ."

"But he's the first guy that's ever liked me!"

Buffy dropped the argument after a glare from Andi. When they arrived at the school, they went straight inside and saw TJ talking to some of his friends. Cyrus went over to him with a huge smile, while Andi and Buffy stayed back, both cringing while holding their breaths for him.

Cyrus came up from behind TJ and wrapped his hand around TJ's while he was in mid conversation. TJ paused and saw his friends giving Cyrus dirty looks. He acted fast, pulling his hand out of Cyrus' grip and yelling, "What are you doing?"

Cyrus was stunned and stammered, saying, "TJ-" before TJ's friends cut him off.

"Wow, you're so gay," one said.

"Do you want to kiss me next?" Another taunted.

"God, Cyrus, get away from me," TJ said to him before turning and waking away with his friends. Cyrus could hear one of them say, "Stupid 7th graders," as they left.

Cyrus felt tears collect in his eyes and Buffy and Andi came up from behind him. They both went for a hug, but after a moment, Cyrus shrugged them off. Buffy quickly said, "I'm going to kill him."

Cyrus wiped at his tears and said, "Don't," sounding like a baby.

Buffy stammered and said, "But, he just-"

Cyrus cut her off and said, "Just let me talk to him, this isn't like him."Andi gave him another hug and his tears fell hard.

While he went off to the bathroom, Jonah came over to Buffy and Andi, all three of them with ominous feels. "Where's Cyrus?" Jonah asked.

Buffy sighed and said, "Bathroom. TJ and his friends all just made fun of him."

"Oh I've already heard," Jonah said. "Someone warned me that he'd try to have sex with me so I shouldn't hang out with him."

"Oh my God," Buffy sighed again, rubbing her head.

"That's not what I wanted to tell you guys though," Jonah said. "Cyrus has been cutting himself."