hopeless

After the concert, Andi took a deep breath. Cyrus looked so excited for getting a song dedicated to him and she tried to force a smile for him. Really, when she heard the lyrics to the song, her heart sank. She didn't like Jonah anymore and she knew that. But, she didn't know that Jonah didn't like her anymore. When she went backstage, she went to talk to Bowie, but when she got  back there, she realized that wasn't who she was looking for. 

When she saw Jonah, she immediately drifted towards him, unsure of what would happen. "Hey, you did a great job," she told him while he was finishing taking care of his mic. He shot her a big smile and laughed. "Thanks."

They awkwardly stared at each other, unsure of what was about to happen. Andi smiled before looking down at his lips. Everything in her head clicked. She knew this was what she had to do. It was her closure. After this they would finally discover how they felt about each other. She could finally get away from him.

As she leaned in, Jonah went to take a step back, but couldn't. He closed his eyes and held his breath, letting her lips touch his. It was a moment of nothing. Andi felt nothing. Jonah felt nothing. When they broke apart, Jonah's lips parted and his mouth stayed open. His eyes searched around the ground, perhaps looking for Andi's face, but he couldn't look at her as his mind was processing too much.

"Sorry," Andi said, also looking down at her feet. 

"No, it's fine," Jonah said as he snapped out of whatever he was feeling. His mind and heart was racing and he felt cold inside. 

"Um, that didn't mean anything, right?" Andi asked, looking up at him. 

His head snapped up and he repositioned his face, trying to look cooler. "Oh, no, not at all." But, Jonah was lying. It did mean something, he just didn't know what. He felt almost disappointed after the kiss. He had been telling himself that he liked Andi and after kissing her, he realized that he didn't. 

Andi went off to find Bowie, and left Jonah as he finished putting away his mic. Which eventually led to him putting away his guitar. And helping clean up the house. And talking to the band. All while he waited to see Cyrus. But, Cyrus never came.