sorrow

After school, Cyrus skipped behind Andi and Buffy down the street to The Spoon. The excitement from his invitation from Jonah hadn't yet worn off and he convinced the girls to go to his house to pick out an outfit to wear. Buffy had groaned and said, "It's in 5 days," but Andi didn't want to ruin his mood.

They walked into the diner and went straight to the counter to pick up their to go order of baby taters. Amber was working, as she normally did right after school, and smiled at them when she handed Andi the bag.

Cyrus had asked his father if he could stay at his house all week, being too afraid to face his mother and step-father. He was welcomed with open arms and felt more comfortable being there when he brought Andi and Buffy through the front door.

Both of his parents were at work and they went straight up to Cyrus' room. Buffy and Andi sat at the end of Cyrus' bed, eating the baby taters while Cyrus pulled various items out of his closet.

He held up three different pairs of khakis in different colors, showed two different brown shoe options, and quite the collection of socks

Buffy couldn't have cared less about it, so just had quiet side conversations with Andi and vaguely answering his questions. He'd say, "What about this shirt?" And she'd respond, "Oh, yeah, that's nice," while she was on her phone.

Cyrus was too flustered and oblivious to even notice that she wasn't listening. He'd just be saying his thoughts aloud. When he came out in a complete outfit and asked Buffy to look, she rolled her eyes. Looking up, however, led her to melt in cuteness.

He stood in front of the both of them wearing a blue plaid button down shirt tucked into a pair of khakis with brown shoes. She hit Andi's arm to get her attention, and the sight of Cyrus made Andi smile widely. 

"What do you guys think?" He asked them, nervously rubbing his pants.

Andi and Buffy started applauding, making Cyrus blush. "It's great," Buffy said before standing up from the bed. "Now are we done here?"

Cyrus laughed and said that they could go downstairs and do something after he changed. Andi and Buffy and been over at his house so many times that they were easily able to go downstairs and putting in a movie. When Cyrus joined them on the couch, Buffy head out the baby taters and said, "Baby tater?"

Cyrus subconsciously ate one while focusing on the movie making Andi and Buffy cheer to themselves. he had eaten an apple for breakfast and a single baby tater, which didn't seem like a lot, but it was for him.

---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---

When Cyrus was called down for dinner, he quietly sat at his seat and sipped his water, still with excitement radiating off of him. His step-mother smiled to herself, but his father didn't seem to notice. 

They ate dinner in silence, Cyrus ignoring his food and just drinking his water. He cleared his throat and said, "I had a question."

His step-mother shifted her focus onto him and he said, "So I was invited to Jonah's concert on Saturday and I was wondering if I could go."

His step-mother smirked and asked, "Frisbee Jonah?"

Cyrus blushed and nodded, breaking eye contact. She looked over at his father who just nodded and told Cyrus, "I don't see why not."

Cyrus quickly excused himself to his room, where he laid on his bed and stared at his ceiling, smiling to himself. He pulled out his phone and texted Jonah, saying that he was allowed to go to his concert, and received a smiley face and an "Awesome!!" in return.