"You on your own?" an accent I didn't recognise sounded from beside me, and I spun around.

"I'm supposed to be with my friend," I shrugged, taking a sip from my cup, "but I think she might've got pulled into another room."

"Eh, it happens," he grinned, taking his own cup, "I'm Zayn."

"Ana," I smiled, downing the rest of my drink, "I probably look crazy, but I'm sorta looking to get wasted tonight."

"I can keep up," he winked, and I nodded my head, pouring myself another drink.

"That's what I like to hear," I laughed, taking a long sip of my drink, now.

Two drinks turned to three, three to four, and then four to five, before I lost count. Zayn was nice - very nice. He was a year older, and so he graduated last Summer - he didn't have plans for college, and he was a cat person - I suppose that was a con.

"You know," I announced a little too loudly, swallowing the contents of my cup for what felt like the hundredth time, "Men suck."

"Not all of us," he laughed, steadying me as I leant on the counter, "maybe that drink should be your last."

"You sound like my mom! Shut it!" I exclaimed, stumbling over my words a little as I laughed hysterically, my laughter quickly turning to heavy sobs, "My mom is a bitch."

"Alright, Ana," Zayn took the drink from my hand, "what are you trying so hard to forget, hm?" he asked gently, as I shook my head, moving around him to stumble outside into the empty backyard. 

He didn't follow me - I didn't want him to. Now he was asking questions I didn't want to answer. 

"Fuck you, Harry," I whispered out into the freezing night air, pulling my jacket tightly around me.

Before I knew it I was pulling my phone out of my pocket, and pressing on Harry's contact.

"Ana?"

"Harry!" I cheered, ecstatic with the line for connecting, "What's crackalackin?" I burst out laughing at that, "Did you hear that? CRACK AH LACKINNN!" I shouted, and I could hear his sigh through the receiver.

"Ana, baby, are you drunk?" his voice sounded through the phone - who made his voice that beautiful?

"No, no!" I yelled, "you, Sir - you do not get to call me nice names! You're a dick!"

"Ana-"

"You are an asshole! I'm too good for you, anyway," I slurred, "I can't believe I ever liked you - you're horrible."

"Ana, where are you?"

"A party, duh!" I said as if it were obvious.

"Alex's party, yeah?" he asked, and I nodded, although he couldn't see, "Can you stay on the phone with me, Ana?" I frowned, shaking my head now.

"No, wait - I'm not even supposed to talk to you," I scowled, scolding myself a little.

"Mhm, I know," he answered softly, as I heard a car door slam shut and an engine start up.

"Where are you going?" I frowned, laying back on a bench that sat against the wall.

"Nowhere, Ana Grace," he replied, and I shrugged it off, "Just stay put for me, yeah?"

I didn't remember the rest of the conversation taking place; I didn't hang up the phone, and frankly, I didn't know why - I just couldn't bring myself to.

I felt myself lifted into strong arms just as my eyes began to flutter shut, the grip familiar, but momentarily unidentifiable. 

"Don't touch me," I murmured weakly, my eyes beginning to open. 

"Shh," was all that came in response as my head fell back against their shoulder. My eyes focused now, and I examined the person above me, the dimple prominent, jaw defined and sharp.

"Harry," I stated, looking up at him closely as I was put into the front seat of a car I didn't recognize.

H.

"That's me," my voice rasped as I placed her gently into the front seat, pulling the seatbelt over her. I shut the door, stepping around the car to get into the driver's seat.

"Who's car is this?" she slurred as I started the engine, "it smells funny." Who let her get this drunk?

I bit back a laugh, "My mate's - you don't know him," I said honestly, taking off down the street. Liam hadn't been chuffed about me borrowing his car, the bastard, but it didn't stop me.

"Is he nice like you?" she asked, and I shook my head.

"I'm not a very nice guy, Ana Grace," I exhaled, "I wasn't very nice to you."

"I think you're nice," she announced, greatly differing from the abuse she'd shouted down the phone.

All I did was hum in response as I pulled up outside my house, lifting her out of the car with ease and carrying her to the front door, where Liam stood.

"Damn, she's really wasted," Liam folded his arms as I walked past him, Ana giggling in my arms.

"No shit," I mumbled, carrying her upstairs to my room and laying her carefully on the bed. She wasn't putting up a fight like I expected, she only lay as I told her. 

I walked over to my drawers, pulling a shirt from there and tossing it onto my bed. 

"C'mere," I murmured, as Ana sat up as best she could, immediately attaching her lips to my neck. I grunted, trying to pull her away from me as she ran her hand over my crotch, "Ana, no. You're drunk."

"So?" she giggled into the crook of my neck, sucking on the skin for a moment before I pulled her away.

I sighed. God, I found Ana so attractive, but I didn't want to be with her this way, "No. You need to rest, baby, come on," I soothed, as she groaned, leaning back from me. I lifted her shirt over her head, and tugged her jeans down her legs after tossing her shoes aside, leaving her in only her underwear below me. Fuck, Harry, focus.

I'd never seen her this way before, ever - and if she wasn't so wasted, I'd have been so tempted - but I pulled my shirt over her head so it now covered her body, and pulled the covers over her. She was beyond wasted, and I found myself wondering how many she'd had, and why she'd- Then I came to the realisation. She'd gotten this drunk because of me.

"Goodnight, Ana," I mumbled, pressing a kiss to her forehead as sleep was already pulling her under. I headed outside to sleep on the couch, wondering how the fuck I was going to explain myself to her in the morning.