"It's just..." Peter stopped talking and even abruptly stopped their walk into the park, retreating to the side. Caden followed with a confused look. He glanced upwards, offering a smile as he noticed the familiar expression on the older boy's face. "You shouldn't feel guilty about not coming out yet, Caden. It's not going to make me stop liking you or anything. I want you to do it at your own pace."

Caden visibly relaxed, letting out a relieved sigh. "We can... hold hands now, though. No one I know comes over here." He stuck out his open hand, looking to the boy with a smile. Peter was quick to entwine their fingers, his lips upturning as he squeezed Caden's hand when they began walking once more.

"Then, we should come here all of the time." His comment was laced with the overall sadness that the couple felt, once again the fear surfacing. Peter gave Caden a wider grin to lighten the situation, swinging their hands between them as they walked. "Have you told anyone else? Besides our friends, obviously."

"No..." Caden shook his head, slowly looking to Peter. "Not even my sister knows... partly because she has the biggest crush on you."

"I'll have to let her down easily, then," Peter joked, eyes crinkling as Caden let out a chuckle. His tone changed to serious, glancing at the taller boy out of the corner of his eye. "Argo, I meant it when I said that I want you to come out to your family at your own speed. I don't want you to feel rushed into anything or pressured just because we're... holding hands now."

Caden watched him speak, his heart fluttering and his smiling widening at Peter's overall kindness and patience. "Have I ever told you that you're the greatest person alive?"

Peter cracked a smile, rolling his eyes as a blush dusted over his cheeks but turning to see Caden's large grin. "No, but you have called me the cutest."

"That too."

-

After their date, which was spent pointing to various dogs with smiles and just enjoying each other's company, Caden led Peter to his apartment building, walking a few steps ahead of the boy.

As much as he had been in the area many times as Spider-Man, Peter had never been inside the building or even in Caden's apartment. And, it was much nicer than he expected.

Instead of a regular lobby, Peter was met with a doorman who tipped his hat at them and an expansive waiting area, fit with multiple leather seats and couches to make guests feel welcome. And, he definitely felt welcome. A sparkling chandelier hung above them, making Peter stop in his tracks to circle below it in awe.

Caden laughed to himself, turning the boy's attention away from the thousand dollar masterpiece. "Don't feel intimidated, my house isn't even close to what you see here, it's basically just for show. Some rich guy owns the building, but no rich people actually live here," he gestured to the entire room as an explanation then pointed to the ceiling, "Our place is great and all, but the man thinks that being a successful business owner means having a decked out lobby. Meanwhile it's filled with pieces that no one in the building at their best could afford."

Peter nodded understandingly at his explanation, taking another glance over his shoulder at the room as they walked to the elevators. They stepped into the elevator, hands finding the other's when the door shut. They hesitantly met each other's eye, a matching blush on their cheeks.