22

I sit impatiently at the door waiting for Ethan. Finally, I hear the knock, “hey, it's open.” I say, Ethan walks in and sits next to me, “hello.” I say emotionless, he looks at me sympathetically, “what happened, Tomma?” he asks me, I hug him and start sobbing, Ethan hugs back and I feel comforted. “Gray, kissed another girl last night.” I say through the sobs.

Ethan looks at me with his hazel eyes, “what did she look like?” such a strange question comes out of his mouth. I look up at him with confusion, but I answer the question, “she had long, brown hair, brown eyes and uhh, dimples,” he looks at me as though he knows who it is. “her name is Vanessa.” He whispers.

“Vanessa as in Grayson's ex-girlfriend Vanessa or…” I ask suddenly out my arms, Ethan nods his head, “yea… *that* Vanessa,”

***Ethan's POV***

I look at Tomma in front of me, she wipes her eyes, “what happened? I mean, between Grayson and Vanessa.” She whispers.

I explain what happened between the two, I explaineverything.

“wow.” She says when I finally shut up, “they were together for three years, and poof, she left?” she angrily says, I told her why and when they broke up.

I nod my head. “yea.” She crosses her arms, “I hope he knows it's over this time,” her frail voice says, I attempt hugging her again but she pulls away, “I know what you're trying to do. It won’t work.”

I nod my head, “maybe you should go get some… rest” I hold her hand, something seizes through me, shocks me. Electricity.

She smiles not disagreeing, “I didn’t sleep, you know, I was thinking,” she murmurs, I get her up and take her to her room, “thanks, Ethan, it's good to know you're a good friend,” I pull down her covers, she undoes her hair, “not everyone can do what you do with me… most of them just… give up.” Her voice blandly says

I look at her and she sighs, “you wouldn’t get it” she starts drifting off to sleep. I sit at the foot of her bed as she sleeps, “you're precious and I think I've fallen…” I sigh.

Tomma's POV

I think she's fallen too.

“night Toms” he says kissing my forehead and leaving, I lay there for a few more minutes in the silence thinking, if he likes me, then why’d he keep it a secret for so long? Is he just being like Grayson, or does he genuinely like me? Do I like him back?

******

I woke up to the beeping of my alarm and a wet slobber all over my face, wait, wet slobber? I jolt up and see a small puppy staring at me. Just before I scream Ethan walks in and picks up the puppy, “this is Cocoa, she's half a year old, and she's yours”  he puts her back on my bed, “ETHANNNN!!!” I yell.

He laughs and I get off the bed, I charge towards him and stop in front of him and stare, and he laughs, his cheekbones rise and fall as he does, he's beautiful, I walk closer, he stops breathing and his breath hitches.

“I honestly really like you… Tomma.” He sheepishly looks at me, I grab his chin, “I like you too.” I peck his lips, he smiles and deepens the kiss.

I smile and he walks out leaving me and Cocoa alone, “ruff” she barks as I ruffle her fur.

He likes you so much he's bought you a pup! What love is that???

It's like. Not love. And he might’ve just been faking… we don’t know.