16

I look at Ethan in disbelief, “please, Tom.” He begs, I look at him in the eyes and huff, “never mind.” I say turning around.

Ethan grabs my hand and a jolt of electricity shoots through me, “please.” He asks, I nod my head yes, signalling I give in. I stare at Ethan, his hair is longer than Grayson's, it was floppier too.

Damn it.

 "thanks, Tom.” Ethan releases my hand and smiles.

I smile back and say, “my place, eight.”

I turn around and walk away with my backpack on my back.

******

When I reach home, Kyle's outside standing by his car, “salve, Tomma,” he says as I pull into the driveway, “salve. Is it OK if Ethan and Grayson come over tonight?” I ask locking my car.

Kyle stops getting in his car, “what? Didn’t you dump the boy?” he asks, I nod my head, “yes, but Ethan…” I start but trail off, my brother sighs, “fine, Tomma, they can come. Just tell mom.” he says hopping into his car.

I walk into the house and see mom lying on the couch, “hey popsicle.” She says laughing (clearly drunk), “hey mom,” I say walking over giving her a kiss on the forehead, “mom, can Ethan and Grayson come over tonight?” I ask looking her in the eye, “I guess so, but who’s Ethan?” she slurred her words, “he's Grayson's twin?” I say.

Mom laughs, “sweetie, if I didn’t know any better…” she starts but then stops abruptly, “Sweetie, Gray vos quaeror? Non?(sweetie, you still like Gray? No?)” she says, I nod my head and smile softly, “plus quam cognovistis(more than you know.)” I admit.

My mom doesn’t normally drink. It's only when she thinks about dad. We all miss him. Especially Kyle. He turned 22 just recently, but he doesn’t drink.

******

Ethan arrived at around ten to eight, “you're early,” I say opening the door, “yeah. Gray is on his way. We decided to take different cars.” He says rolling his eyes. I laugh, and Kyle appears behind me, “sup.” Ethan says holding his and put for Kyle to shake, Kyle shakes his hand “Salve.” Kyle says. “I'm Ethan, I'm presuming you're Kyle?” he says knowingly, Kyle nods his head smiling.

What's he planning?

Idk.

Kyle's POV

I stare at Ethan and smile, he likes my sister, I think to myself. It's easy to see it. The way he smiles at her, laughs at her jokes, and just the way he looks at her.

That’s what Grayson used to do with her. I could see he loved her, since the first time I met him, I could see he loved her. That’s similar to the look in Ethan’s eyes. “so, Ethan, where’s your brother?” my sister says awkwardly, Ethan looks at her and laughs softly, “he's just… picking up some stuff.”

I look at Tomma who looks disappointed, “oh. OK” she sighs.