13

"I can't believe you!" I screamed, Grayson suddenly noticed I was there, "T-Tomma?" he says surprised, "So, care to explain to me what the hell is happening here?" I say crossing my arms, I get my sight back, 6 days tops, and to end my perfect week,

The week you told him you loved him,

I catch him with the girl around the corner.

"you know what? Don't even explain!" I say. The tears are flowing,

"you two deserve to be together. The bitch and the player," I say through the tears, how could he do this, "Amber, I thought we were friends," I say to her.

"sorry sweetie, but your boyfriends hot, couldn't resist," she says, I see Amber Towers as she really is now, a cocky girl who doesn't deserve love.

"Ex-boyfriend. Grayson Bailey Dolan, I finally see the real you, a lying, cheating, dirt bag! It's over, you hear me O-V-E-R!" I yell, I should've known, it's fate, everyone I'll ever date, will cheat on me.

"goodbye Grayson." I say walking out Amber's room, "Tomma, wait!" he says, grabbing my wrist. "what, Grayson," I'm sick of this, "I can't do this, I thought I loved you, Gray. I thought we were going to graduate senior year together," I say as the salty tears fall into my mouth. "I'm sorry, Tomma," he says letting my arm drop.

I need to get out of there, so he can continue with Amber.

I walk out her house and straight into my driveway, I don't go into the house, I get into my jeep, and sit at the steering wheel.

Memories start pacing in my brain, Hawaii, and the most recent one hitting me like a brick on the brain.

"Hey Doctor Towers! Is Amber home?" I asked when the door opened, revealing Amber's moms face, "Salve, Toms, yes, Amber is here she's in her room, just go right up." She said.

"you could sit here for a while, I'll make you coffee," she smiles sweetly, "no thanks, Mrs. Towers." I say.

I wish I stayed there. I walked up the stairs to Amber's room, and what I saw there, shattered my heart.

I went inside, Kyle was standing at the door, "salve, Tom- what the heck happened to you?!" he said, pulling me into a hug, I started sobbing, hard, "it's Grayson, he, he cheated on me. With Amber Towers." I say through the sobs.

I feel Kyle tense up, "I'm going to kill that son of a gun" he says through gritted teeth, "please, Kyle, don't do anything drastic." I plea.

My brother is sweet and all, but as soon as you hurt his baby sister, he'll go full fight mode, especially when those people mean a lot to me, like when Shawn cheated on me, the boy had a broken arm and a few missing teeth.

Kyles arms wrap around me again and he strokes my head, "I won't." he says.

I get released from Kyle's hug and walk upstairs to my room, I jump onto my bed and open my phone

Predictable

There's about 40 texts from Grayson, obviously I read them

Grayson :)

Tomma, I'm sorry

Tomma, please

Tomma-to I need to talk to you

I'm a dick, I'm sorry

You shouldn't've found out this way

Please Tomma, don't do this!

We need to talk

I stared at all his messages, how could someone who shattered me, who I thought loved me as much as I love them, do this to me?

I open my messenger again, and I start typing a long paragraph, a warning and a truth.

Grayson Dolan, I don't forgive you, why would you do this? I thought you loved me? Obviously, Hawaii was just for fun. Don't message me again and I would stay away from your place for a few, just in case Kyle does come after you.

Goodbye, Grayson, I'd be lying if I said I won't miss you.

I finish the message and press send.

I was a fool, I believed Grayson was good for you, sorry, Tomma

Even the little voice in my head is upset.

I placed my head on my pillow and cried. He told me in Hawaii, "Your my one and only, Tomma McKnight, my little princess." why did I believe him?

***Flashback***

"hi!" Grayson called through the phone, "Tomma, I can't sleep." "Well, I was fast asleep, so you better have a better excuse for waking me up Mr..." "Dolan." "Mr Dolan."

He admitted to me later that day that he had a nightmare about me.

*** Flashback***

"I'll tell you after your exam," he whispers into my ear, his warm breath sending chills down my spine

He asked me to Hawaii that day.

***Flashback***

"I wanna surf!" I say crossing my arms, the sand feels beautiful, the waves are a lovely blue, the trees stand tall, and my potato won't let me surf!

I told him I loved him that day.

***Flashback***

Grayson picks up the phone and orders noodles, spring rolls and bow ties from room service. "I was joking." I roll my eyes sarcastically.

Figures. He knows that Tomma-to he knows you.

"I know, and I know your subconscious is fighting with you." he says pulling me onto the bed, he grabs my head pulling my face close to his. I look into his eyes.

Grayson knew that my subconscious was dumb. Even though I agree with her now.

I told Grayson I loved him. He told me he loves me. I pictured our future in his eyes, I fell. Hard. I promised him I would love him no matter what. I do still... at least I think I do.

******

I must've fallen asleep because I woke up to my mascara dried up on my cheeks, "Tommy?" mom asks softly when I walk down the hall to her room, "are you OK?" she asks yawning.

I nod my head no, "come here," she says quietly. I walk over to her and climb into her bed carefully, I feel like an eight-year-old who just had a nightmare, "I love him. Mommy, I made a promise to myself, I would love him through anything, even if he hurts me." I say.

Mom holds my head and sings a lullaby she made up for me as a child; "when you are hurt, I will hold you." she starts. Mom sings about how when boys hurt they don't show it, how she'll protect me from the bad world out there.

I listen to the lullaby and slowly drift off to sleep. While I sleep I dream of my future.