unedited

♥

I gripped Rose’s hand in mine as we pull up to her home. It was mid- day and she had just been released from the hospital. Under her shirt, a white patch laid on her shoulder. The gun’s doing had cause the injury under that patch. I clench my jaw, as much as I wanted to take justice into my own hands an- and. Let's just say “repay” my brother, I'll let the court deal with him. For now.

I park the car in my driveway and we walk hand in hand together to her house.

“ Why is my mom’s car in my driveway?”

Her sweet voice bellow into the air, I shook my head and shrug my shoulders, answering with a simple, “ I don't know.” Rose narrow her eyes at the blue car. She grips my hand tighter, the ring I’d just given her digging into my bare hand. I didn't mind. She pulls out her keys, but I take them from her, opening the door myself.

“ Mom!” Rose runs over to her mother and engulfs her into a tight hug, “ what are you doing here?”

“ I-” she begins. Rose notices her mother’s dragging mood.

“ Thank you Iran Col for dropping my daughter off, you may go now.”

Mr. Wood says, but I don't move.

Rose lets go of her mother, only to have her hand scooped up by her father.

“ What is this on your finger?” Rose snatches her hand away.

“ Just a ring dad.”

“ That I gave her.” I jump in. I entwin our hands, pulling her to my chest.

“ What is going on here?” Mr. Wood looks between Rose and I.

“ She’s my girlfriend.” I say simply.

“ G- gir- girlfriend?!-” Mr. Wood yanks Rose’s hand out of my own, -” this is absurd.”

I close up on Mr. Wood challenging him, but Ms. Wood steps between us.

“ We are really here to take you home Rose. You will be returning back to Texas.”

I watch as Rose’s face go pale, then to shock. Same for myself.

Home? This was her home, with me.

Rose gasps in shock.

“ I c- can’t” She says, backing into my chest.

“ It’s not a choice of yours, you are.” Mr. Wood says sternly crossing his arms.

Rose turns and looks at me. I let out a rugged sigh, maybe this would be a good thing. There was a lot going on at the moment, and it wasn't safe here with….

“ I think it's best if you do Rose. With my parents divorcing and Brian on trial...”

“ Divorcing, trial?”

“ Yes, I'll explain later.”

“ At least your boyfriend is smart, now let's go, we have to pack your bags.”

Ms. Wood says grabbing Rose’s arm.

“ Wait- right now?”

“ We are leaving early tomorrow. Thought you'd want to get an early start.”

Rose shakes her head, “ Yeah, I'll start packing. Just give me a few minutes.”

“ Okay, and Rose, we still have to talk about this boyfriend situation.”

“ Okay dad,” Rose sigh.

Ms. Wood leaves the living room, Mr. Wood following close behind.

When the room cleared, I began, “ Don’t be mad. I still-”

“ I know, it's just, I'm scared I'll miss you or- or you'll move on.”

“ Don't fucking say that, I didn't give you that ring so you can have doubt.” How dare she? Didn't she not know how much I loved her, how much I needed her?

“ I'm sorry.” I smile at her. I shouldn't have freaked out like that.

“ No, I'm sorry. Just don't say things like that, you know I'll never do that to you.”

I pull Rose upstairs to her room where  she takes a seat on her bed, “ one last kiss before I go?” I asks innocently batting my eyes.

“ Yes,” Rose smiles before we lock lips.

🚩

♡♡♡♡

➡Thanksgiving Or Halloween?

➡Comment Here➡

↙⬇↘

VOTE