X

*EDITED*

The next day came all too quickly, but luckily, it was a Saturday.

The light- yellow sun shines through Rose's curtains, stretching across her room and reaching her eyelids. She rubs her closed eyes, yawning.

With her ruffled bed covers and sprawled limbs, she slowly woke up.

A smile takes over her lips after seeing the sunlight. It covered everything like a blanket, while adding a little glow to it.

Another day, she thought. Her eyes met her dresser, where the diary currently reside. Her smile widens, as she decides to forget about Iran for a day.

Or two.

Rose hops out of bed and slips her feet into her slippers. She makes her way towards the bathroom. Entering, she passes the mirror hanging on the wall and almost chokes on her saliva. Taking a few steps back, she stops until her reflection was staring back at her.

She looked terrible, her eyes looked as if she had been crying for hours, to which she had, and her hair laid in heeps on her head.

Rose pats it down, trying to make it lay, she parts it with her fingers and brings it to her shoulders, holding it. As soon as she releases it from her grip, it shrivels back up. Out of frustration, she gives up and decides to just wash her hair.

Rose undresses and turns the hot shower on.

While she stood under the shower head, she wondered what her plans were for the day, she didn't want to lay around and continue crying over Blake.

He's in the past, where he belongs, and where he will stay, she tries to finalize.

Rose's heart skips a beat as her mind wanders back to the previous day, and the last message sent by Blake.

His threat.

She shivers, wrapping herself in a towel, as the cold bathroom floor greets her bare feet.

A sudden thought infiltrates her current ones.

She had an idea!

She was going to find someone new, someone that'll take her mind off Blake at least. Someone sweet, kind, and caring.

Yes!

Rose throws on a pair of jeans and a black long sleeve turtleneck. She ties her hair up in a messy bun and heads downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hey Dad, can I- I um, maybe borrow your car?"

"Why? So you can go to an illegal party, again?"

Rose glares at her Father, he knew that was a touchy subject for her.

The tragedy that will never escape her mind, the ' Texas Tragedy,' as she likes to call it-- no other name would fit, and it wasn't worthy-- made her frown, the memories were not pleasant and the idea of that night was awful.

"But Dad-"

"No!" Mr. Wood waves a finger at Rose, placing it close to her nose. She swats at her Father's finger, causing him to let out a chuckle, "ok, fine. But, you have to have a very good reason why."

Rose sighs, what would parents consider as a, ' good reason?

She knew saying; 'trying to find a guy,' wouldn't make the cut, so she opts for a little lie. Telling her father that she wanted the car to find a job, would give him no choice but to say yes!