CHAPTER THIRTY - FOUR: BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE WEDDING

Почніть із самого початку

"How can we? We were too preoccupied looking for you. I had to go to the control room and check the cctv. You weren't answering your calls," Rapmon answered and threw me a pillow.

"Okay but shouldn't we be praying Maghrib now?" I asked.

They looked so lax in missing the Asr prayer. A prayer that Allah had warned in the Qur'an that most people intentionally missed. And I hate to be one of those people.

But you did miss it intentionally, my subconscious was telling me.

"Maghrib will soon be gone in 30 minutes guys, let's go," I invited them.

But still they stay rooted on the ground.

"Guys! Aoothubillah! What's happening?"

Suga just shrugged his shoulders as he kept on writing on that pad paper. J – Hope was beside him and telling him what to write. Jin stood and walked towards the refrigerator.

"There's lots of foods here," Jin remarked and started getting some junk foods and cola.

"Raphael!" I yelled.

RM just placed a finger on his ears, as if irritated by my voice.

"We don't feel like it. We're tired. We'll just pray Isha and asked for tawbah," he said then concentrated on the game.

"Jungkook!" I called out to the youngest.

Jungkook looked at me then at everybody else.

"Uhm one for all, all for one? Let's just stay here," he pleaded.

I know I shouldn't but for strange reasons, I found myself grabbing one pack of chips, eating them heartily as I watched Klay Thompson do a marvelous three – point shot that tied Golden State Warriors with The Rockets.

Maybe this is what I need. To drown myself with entertainment distraction just to temporarily forget that my heart is breaking.

****************************************************************************************************

Fatima's POV

It was before Maghrib that Isaac and I returned to the house. However no one was around. We have been informed that all the invitations were already given. I wonder why no one from the seven even called or even texted me with congratulations or any inquiry. I suddenly feel worried.

"Have you tried calling them? Maybe something wrong happened to them," I again said for the third time as Isaac and I were having our dinner.

It was eight in the evening already and still no word from them. I tried calling their phones but all just went to voice mail, saying the number is busy or unavailable.

Then I heard the door from the living room open and some footsteps. I hurriedly stood up and walked towards the living room.

"Sorry Fatima, we were busy buying you guys wedding gifts that we fail to mind our phones," RM said.

All seven of them did have gifts on their hands. This made me smile wide.

"Alhamdulillah, all of you are safe. I thought something bad had happened. You guys got me worried," I said.

I heard someone smirk and saw J – Hope. I looked at him with a wondered expression but he changed his entire demeanor and smiled so widely.

"We ate already. So, goodnight," J – Hope said.

Isaac came to stand next to me as each one said goodnight with a strange smile on their faces. Smiles of pretend. Smiles of sadness. Smiles that never reached their eyes.