Chapter 9

RobinPaw fell asleep and found herself in the Blood Forest again. The tom finally revealed himself that night."I am Scourge-Yes from BloodClan," He'd meow. She hissed,"Why am I here?!" Scourge flicked his tail over her shoulder,"Because you are special."RobinPaw snarled,"I'm not like the clan cats that fell for Dark Forest!" The small tom dipped his head in ackknowledgement."I know, but, will you fall for, Blood Forest?" She let her claws unsheath."No! You're worse than TigerStar! Whatever you want you aren't getting it with me!" And she shot further into the dark forest. The apprentice noticed a pond. She gasped in terror. It was scarlet red. The colour of blood. She yowled,"No! No! She slashed her shoulder. Blood waved down her leg. RobinPaw bolted awake. She quickle glanced at her shoulder. It bled lighter than it did in her "dream." She licked it then found cobwebs. She placed them on her shoulder."Wake up, you sleepy old badger!" Hissed SilverStrike. Pushing her dream to the back of her mind, she gently walked out the den. Trying not to limp. Pain pulsed through RobinPaw's shoulder."Can I check in with DribbleCloud? My erm, shoulder hurts," She asked awkwardly. SilverStrike let out a exaggerated sigh."Meet me at the camp entrance for the border patrol." And the tom raced away. She flinched when she saw LilyTail and GoldenLight, RobinPaw's mother."Where are you going?"GoldenLight padded over. RobinPaw told her that she hurt her shoulder."Oh!-You better be fast then. You have a border patrol with FawnFoot as lead and she doesn't like to wait!" RobinPaw sighed and raced into the medicine den."Can you do something to my shoulder?" She asked impatiently. DribbleCloud emerged into the clearing."It stings im guessing."He meowed."Let me put some marigold on that." He softly placed marigold on the wound. She winced when it stung."Can I go now?" DribbleCloud glared at her."Yes," She bolted to the camps entrance."Finally!" Hissed FawnFoot.-A small, dusty brown she-cat.-"Sorry,"RobinPaw muttered. FlowerBlossom glanced at her."CrowPaw, RobinPaw's here!" She called to the apprentice who was at dirt-place."Back," She mewed. FawnFoot led the patrol out of camp."Hey," CrowPaw whispered to RobinPaw."Now do you know how you scent-" FlowerBlossom inturrupted her apprentice,"Hush!" RobinPaw flattened her ears and shook her head."We're marking our border between ShadowClan today," She announced."Let's go," FawnFoot ran a little then stopped."If you want you can teach your apprentices to tree-hop," She suggested,"We aren't in a rush." SilverStrike flicked his tail at the younger she-cat,"Good idea." FlowerBlossom herded RobinPaw and CrowPaw up a tree. When they made it to a high branch, FlowerBlossom spoke,"Now, we're tree-hopping. You must get in the formation you know then leap onto the next trees branch,"She glanced down at SilverStrike and FawnFoot."See how they are still going? We need to hop that we catch up. Do not, be rushed," The warrior demonstrated the formation then leaped onto the next trees branch."Can you do it?" The two apprentices nodded. FlowerBlossom leaped onto the ground and raced to catch up with the rest of the patrol."You want to go first?" RobinPaw asked CrowPaw."Sure," CrowPaw hunched up her hindlegs and pounced. Landing clumsily on the branch. RobinPaw ducked down, seeing that CrowPaw was three trees ahead of her. She rushed herself. So did CrowPaw. They saw the patrol by the ShadowClan border. RobinPaw was about to make the last jump when CrowPaw was about to get off the trees. When she leaped, CrowPaw leaped. She accidently headed down the trees and rolled in the air with CrowPaw."Get on your paws!" Screeched CrowPaw. The two she-cats rolled off of eachother and landed on their paws. RobinPaw panted."Well done,"SilverStrike praised."Now, we need to mark our border."

The patrol was at camp, sun-high. RobinPaw drowsily closed her eyes. She blinked awake when AshenStar yowled,"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather beneath High-Tree!" Cats sat beneath the burnt oak. RobinPaw shifted uncomfortably by CrowPaw and a warrior named ThrushFeather. The tom was a mouse-tail away from her. He was a young warrior and RobinPaw could tell that he was uncomfortable too."RiverClan has been hunting squirrels on our territory. We are launching an attack! These are the cats coming: CrowPaw, RobinPaw, SilverStrike, BurrPelt, DawnSky,FawnFoot and LilyTail. Follow me and clan dissmissed!" She leaped down from the burnt tree.

Energy pulsed through RobinPaw as the surprise-attack-patrol crossed the river. They were at their camp."Attack!"