Chapter 3

RobinPaw yawned. For a moment, she was confused on where she was.The apprentice den! She remembered. SilverStrike was at the den entrance, yelling at her to come out. She saw CrowPaws nest empty and leaped to her paws.She's learning more than me! She thought, outraged. She raced out of the den,"Sorry!"She mewed."Pfft! Next time I won't be as easy on you!"SilverStrike growled,"We haven't even seen the territories!" Instead of angry, RobinPaw felt ashamed. SilverStrike flicked his tail and they headed out of camp. She smelled. Pine trees scent was strong, prey was running well."What can you smell?"SilverStrike asked. RobinPaw was well ahead of him."Oak trees scent is strong, prey is running well, and ThunderClan scent is strong too,"She reported. Her mentor gave her a nod of approval,"Well done,"He praised. RobinPaw felt proud. As they continued down the territory, there was a big oak tree. This, is the acient oak,"SilverStrike told her. He pointed with his tail behind it."Let's go over the log,"There was a log, standing in their way. Its bark was soft and rocky. She gasped. A lake surrounded a island. A tree log was helping her clan get across and on the island."This,"Her mentor flicked his tail,"Is the gathering place."All the clans scent mingled around it. There was a wet looking land connected to the moor, which she guessed, was WindClan territory. There was a dark, forest. ShadowClan, RobinPaw thought. He told her all the territories."The one we stand in now, of course,is ThunderClan.The one right there",He pointed with his ears at the wetlands,"Is RiverClan, The moor is WindClan and the dark one is ShadowClan,"He finished."Are we going to learn anything else now?"She asked impatiently."We have much to get through,"SilverStrike meowed sharply. They raced up the slope that fell down from the tree log they had first jumped over. She founded Leaf-Fall a horrible season. Leaves fell on your head, the weather gets cold,-She shot back to the moment right now. She leaped over the log,"Will I learn how to climb?" RobinPaw asked curiously. SilverStrike nodded,"AshenStar wants us to know how to climb and fight on trees,"He paused."You'll be a moon into training before we start that,"He added. RobinPaw nodded though, she was dissapointed. SilverStrrike led her to a hollow. It was full of ThunderClan scent."This, is the training hollow, where you'll meet me for training everyday,"He mewed."Let's go to camp now." RobinPaw raced her mentor, beating him to the entrance,"You're fast,"He panted."Training's done,"He flicked his tail and stalked away. She purred to herself, I can climb if I want!