Chapter 23

Clary, New York 2013

"Clary," a soft, gentle voice said in my ear "Clary wake up." I make a noise that sounds something like a groan and a yawn. I open my eyes and see Jace, clearly not trying to laugh at me. "What?" I ask suspiciously. "Nothing." Jace said, looking away from me. "Jace." I let a note of warning slip into my voice. "Well," Jace said "You might want to look in a mirror." At that I leap off his lap and race into the bathroom. Isabelle would be proud. I take one look in the mirror and let out a gasp of horror. My hair is one big frizzy mess, sticking up in random places and it's all poofy. I look like someone's just given me and electric shock. "Jace!" I shriek. He sticks his head in through the door. "Yeah?" "GET ISABELLE!" Jace laughed and walked out throwing an "okay!" Over his shoulder. I grab a brush and desperately try and tame the horrific mess that is my hair.

Tessa, New York 2013

I wake up in my bed, shaking off the last few images of a dream. I sit up. Did I really kiss Will last night? Did I really, really do that? I yawn and stretch and decide not to think about it anymore. I get dressed in the Shadowhunter gear that was left for me which is really different to what we had in London and head downstairs to breakfast. As I walk towards the stairs I can hear shrieking coming from what I think is Jace's room. I open the door and follow the shouts to the bathroom. I walk in and come face to face with the sight of Clary sitting down with her face resting on her hands and very scary hair with Isabelle yanking on it with a brush, while Jace leaned against the wall clearly trying not to laugh. Clary sees me in the mirror "Hey Tessa." "Uh hi, um what's going on?" "Clary here has done something shocking to her hair, so now I have to fix it." Isabelle said through gritted teeth. Clary glared at Isabelle through the mirror. "What do you mean I did something to my hair, if I recall correctly I was asleep when it happened." Isabelle turned her head to glare at Jace. "DID YOU DO THIS?!" She said, pointing the brush accusingly at him. "Yes Isabelle, I was bored so I decided to use my secret magic powers to turn my girlfriends hair into a horrific mess. Honestly, if I was going to do it I'd do it to you, way funnier." Isabelle snorted and muttered something really rude under her breath, which I didn't quite hear, but Clary did. "Hey I heard that!" Isabelle just shrugged. "Don't care." And yanked on Clary's hair again. "OW!" "Sorry!" I slowly walk out and head back downstairs to leave them to their bickering.

I walk into the dining room and see both Will and Jem sitting down at the table dressed in full Shadowhunter gear. I avoid Will's eyes and sit down next to Jem. "How did you sleep Tessa?" Jem asks me. "Okay, how about you?" "Alright." Jem smiled at me and my heart melted. Alec walked in through the door also dressed in gear. "Hey, where's everyone else?" "Clary's hair is horrifying so Isabelle's trying to fix it and Jace is with them." I respond. "Woah okay then. Poor Clary." Alec said sympathetically. I nod. "Yeah her hair was horrible." "No, no I mean having to deal with Isabelle." "HEY!! ALEXANDER LIGHTWOOD I HEARD THAT!" We all turn around and Isabelle is standing in the doorway with Jace and Clary - who's hair is now back to its original curly self - looking like she was going to murder Alec. "Well" Will said "this is awkward." Isabelle glared at Will. "No one asked you Herondale." Clary and Jace moved past Isabelle and into the room, Jace gave Will a massive smirk. Clary and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes. Suddenly Clary's phone starts to ring, she picks it up. "Hey Simon! Yeah we're coming out, see you soon." She hung up and said. "Simon and Magnus are waiting outside." Alec looks at her. "You changed your ringtone." "Did you really expect me to keep What Does the Fox Say?" Clary said incredulously. "Well no, but I didn't expect you to change it to End Up Here." Before I can ask what that is Isabelle interrupts. "DON'T YOU DARE INSULT 5SOS!!!!!" "5SOS?" I ask. "It's a band." Clary said. "Luke Hemmings is gorgeous." Isabelle sighed. Clary pointed a finger at Isabelle. "Luke is mine okay!!! I introduced you to 5SOS so I get first dibs." Jace coughed while Will laughed. "Clearly not as attractive as you thought you were Jace." Will smirked. "Well can't blame me, look at what I descended from." Jace said matter of factly. "Ladies ladies, both of you are pretty okay!" I say cutting in. "Can we go and meet Simon and Magnus now?!" Isabelle nodded. "Okay, but Tessa we will introduce you to 5SOS later. Mark my words." Alec sighed and rolled his eyes.

**Don't judge me 5SOS is beautiful, and i think that Clary and Izzy would actually make good fangirls so PLOT TWIST: 5SOS fangirls c;**