Chapter 27

Tessa, Annwn Mountain 2013

The tunnel eventually comes to an end and we walk out into a small open space. There are four tunnels - including the one we came out of - and another set of stairs, although these steps don't spiral they go straight up. Part of me is beginning to think that Annwn is more of a castle than a mountain. We hear voices and turn around to see Isabelle and Simon come out of one of the tunnels. "Hey!" I call out, they wave. "Hey." Isabelle said, she sounded really out of breath. "Did you guys get those freak explosions too? Or was it just us." Jem shook his head. "No we got them." Isabelle looked really annoyed. "Honestly! What set them off? Simon and I almost died!" I shrugged. "No idea." That’s when Magnus and Alec walked out of their tunnel. "Did your tunnel explode?" Isabelle asked, as soon as they came out. "Huh," Alec said looking at Magnus. "That happened to you guys too?" "Yeah! We all almost died!" Since when did we say that we almost died Isabelle? Magnus looked sheepishly at the floor. "Well that was sort of my fault." Isabelle glared at him. "WHAT?!" "Well our tunnel was blocked so I tried to blow it up and it caused this chain of massive explosions, so sorry?" He said it like it was a question. "SORRY?! SORRY! SORRY ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH MAGNUS! WE. ALMOST. DIED." Isabelle screamed. "Hey! Don't yell at Magnus, it's not his fault!" Alec said. "NOT HIS FAULT!" Isabelle shrieked. "HE BLEW UP THE TUNNEL!" "HE DIDN'T MEAN IT!" Alec shouted back. They went back and forth a few times before Simon cut in. "Hey!" He shouted. Everyone turned to face him. "Where's Clary and Jace?" He asked quietly. Isabelle and Alec froze. We all turned to face the last tunnel, the one that no one has come out of. "They should be here by now." Magnus said. "Well lets go see what's taking them so long." Will said walking off towards the tunnel. We all followed.

The tunnel was very narrow and very dark. How the hell could Clary and Jace see in here? The farther we go the darker it gets Will brings out his witchlight and we keep on walking. Eventually the tunnel widens out, but there's no floor. Will doesn’t see and goes to take another step. "Will!" I scream and grab his arm, pulling him back. "Tessa?! What the hell?!" I point to the floor. Isabelle gasps. "Did they fall?" She whispers. No one answered. "DID THEY FALL?!" Isabelle screamed this time. "I don't know." Alec said quietly. "I don’t know."