Chapter 3

Tessa, London 1878

As i approach the dining room i can hear voices. Whats that about? I wonder as i walk in the room, I see Henry waving his arms about - talking bout his time traveling portal no doubt - while Will's rolling his eyes and Charlotte's nodding trying to look as interested as she can. Jem walks in followed by Sophie and Jessamine, "Whats this about a time traveling portal?" Jem askes, "Oh you simply must see it! I've just finished it and it needs testing," Will looked alarmed, "Testing! Are you sure its safe enough Henry?" "Of course, now follow me!" He cheerfully walked out of the room. Charlotte sighed, "Lets just go and look at it so we can get back to dinner," Jessamine murmered something under her breath and followed Charlotte out of the room. Jem followed and jestured to the door with his arm, "After you Tessa," "Thank you Jem," I walk out of the dining room following behind Charlotte.

Henry walks over to a contraption on the wall, "How does it work?" Sophie asks, "You set the year you want over here and then you picture where you want to go, it's a lot like a regular portal," "So what year are you setting?" Will askes Henry, "I dont know . . ." While Henry ponders the question, Jessamine walks up to the machine, "What does this button do?" She asked pushing this big button, "No! Don't touch that!" Henry cried. But it was too late. The whole room begain to violently shake. The portal on the side of the wall got bigger and bigger. We're all going to get sucked up in it! And we did too.