Chapter 3

My third day of living with Jeordie and Marilyn.
It's not that bad.
They learnt not to look into my eyes with pity.

"Hey, Emily, do you wanna get out somewhere? I can take you wherever you want." suggests Marilyn.
I'm 19, i'm not a child.
"Well...that'd be nice." i smile at him and say instead.
He's so kind and nice to me.
While my brother is crying himself to sleep. It irritates me. He should be by my side, but...it's his life, his suffering.

"Okay, any suggestions where to?" he asks.
"Zoo?" i suggest with giggle.
"Wow, i haven't been to zoo in...maybe for nine years?" Marilyn chuckles.
"It's time to change that." i blink and we both laugh.
This is for the first time i actually started feeling happy.

~~~~~

We arrive in the zoo.
It's such a nostalgia.
"I love rhinos." i say proudly and Marilyn giggles.
"Well...they're nice." he admits.
"When i was a child, i loved going to zoos with Jeordie." i say with weak smile.
"He's mastering the situation worse than i thought." he says with his gaze on the ground.
"I don't wanna talk about it right now. Let's go see polar bears." i look at him cheerfully.
"Good idea." he chuckles and grabs the backrest handle on my wheelchair and pushes me as he walks forward.

Just smile like a rifle
Hard metal in the setting sun
Just smile like a rifle
Hard metal in the setting sun