6

Nevaeh

After dinner, Kayla and Carter followed me up to bedroom. I just had to spill the news to them. Niall volunteered to clean table and wash the dishes. I'm not complaining, I usually have to work his positions. "Someone seems a bit excited." Carter smirked. I was if fact, excited.

"Yeah!" Kayla agreed, "don't think that we didn't notice you texting under that table!"

Bullshit. My smile weakens. How could she notice? Her fucking eyes were practically glued on Niall. Ugh. "Really?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Well, partially." She confesses, shrugging her shoulders. "Tell us what's goin' on, now!"

I shrug off the secretive anger and begin. "Jason texted me!" I squeal. I couldn't help but act like a typical teenage girl.

"Oh my god, Nev," Carter celebrated, shaking me at the shoulders, "that's fantastic!"

"I know!" I shrieked happily. Kayla didn't really seem excited like the both of us did. She just stared out the window, smiling slightly.

"This calls for a celebration!" Carter demanded. I was curious.

"Like what?" I grinned. Us, being the band of misfits, always have something up our sleeves. I guess you can say that we are the kids your mother warns you about.

Carter plants a mischievous look upon her face. "My parents are gonna be home by midnight, maybe you guys can come over?"

"Listening." I say, getting comfortable.

She continued. "The liquor cabinet is unlocked."

"Now you're talking!" I laugh. "What do you think Kayla?" I ask, glancing over to her. She still was in her gaze. I would not be surprised if Niall happened to be in her sight. "Kayla!"

"Whaa-" she stuttered, moving away from the glass pane.

"Are you in?" I ask, hoping she was actually listening to our conversation.

"In with what?" She asked, confused.

"We're goin' to Carter's to have a little fun, are you going to join or pussy out?" I inform, sighing. Kayla seemed provoked.

"Well, I don't really feel like it," she throws her gaze back out the window, "why don't we stay here for a little while?"

I got annoyed really quick. I'd rather have crows pluck my eyes out than watch her drool over Niall once more. I'm not jealous or anything, I just find it annoying. He's not a type of guy I'd match her with. He is a cunning, womanizer, son of a bitch! Kayla can do better than him. "I'd do anything to get away from here." I sigh. She doesn't answer.

"Well I guess it just you and me then." I said, facing Carter. She nods. "You guys just sit here while I ask Momma for permission." I order, scurrying out. I run down the stairs carefully, hoping I don't run into Niall along the way. Soon, I find my mother helping at the front desk.

"Hey honey," she yawned, "what'cha up to?"

"I need to ask you a very important question!" I said wildly.

"And that question is?" She asked. I tapped my foot frantically, hoping Niall wasn't around or around the girls.

"May I go over to Carter's house for a little while, please?" Momma's face was stern. I weaken.

"You do realize it's Friday, right?" She asks. I sigh in remembrance. Everybody treasures "Fridays", but I don't as much as the rest. "You're on 'cleaning duty'." She orders. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I work late hours as a Maid. I hate the job because it kills the fun out of my weekend, but it's easy money.