4

Nevaeh

"Y-you have a tattoo?" I stuttered asking. It was just like the one in my dream. Obviously I've been having sexually disturbing dreams of this man since he moved here... Why can't I dream of Jason like that? I've had this burning lust of him since Junior High.

"Oh yeah," Niall chuckled, "had it since I was 18. Luck of the Irish, I say!" He finally reaches the book and dusts it off. "Here, it's a classic." He hands it to me.

"Thanks." I smile, reading the content on the back of the book. "It looks good. Really good."

"One of the only books I read." He scratches the back of his head awkwardly. "I'm more of a music person."

Hugging the book as if it was my child, I give him a peaceful gaze. "I can't really say what type a person I am. I'm in love with many things. Books, music, clothes, media. Just so many things, I can't clarify who I am."

He looks at me with powerful eyes. I've never really noticed, but he's eyes- oh, his eyes- they were shaded like no other. They were his own shade. Shaded in the most vibrant blue. A blue I have never before seen. No color can come close to it.

"You can quit staring into my eyes now," he smirks down at me, "I know they are beautiful."

Again with the Sherlock Holmes? Ugh...

"Sorry." I slouch.

"It's fine. I'm used to it." He chuckles, gloating about himself. After a while of walking around in the store, Niall suggests we leave, saying the food will spoil. I agreed sadly. We drove back to the motel in silence, Niall watching the empty roads carefully for some reason.

"Have you had fun?" Momma asks excitedly. "How was it?"

"It was quite amazing, ma'am." He answers her, handing her the paper bags that the groceries where stored in.

"What about you, Nev?" She grinned. "How much fun did you have?"

"Tons."

Ridiculous how every time she sends me out, she asks me the same stupid question. I ought to say "it gets sadder and sadder, more pathetic by the minute", but I don't wanna kill her joy. She hardly ever leaves home; having to watch over the place.

Momma walks inside ecstatically, placing the bunch of bags on the wooden island in the kitchen. "What do you guys want for dinner, later?" She asks the both of us, separating the canned food from the fresh food. Niall is staying for dinner?

"Anything is fine with me, ma'am. Hate to be a bother!" He said politely.

"No such thing, dear!" Momma exclaims triumphantly. "You've been such a great addition to the family! You're a great help, doing all the handy work around here! I'm so thankful!"

"Family?" I ask myself silently.

"What?" Niall said from beside me.

"Nothing!" I answer gawkily. He nodded before turning back to my mother.

"How's steak with mashed potatoes and a salad?" She asked.

"Perfect." Niall gave her a small hug. "Thank you!"

Its only been two days since this boy showed up and they are practically best friends. I don't consider Niall as a friend. I would call him an acquaintance, or a coworker. "Well, I'm gonna go upstairs and read." I interupted their small conversation.

"Okay sweetie, have fun!" She giggled, turning the stove on. Exiting the kitchen, I walk myself out the building and up the stairs. Soon after climbing up two flights of stairs, I hear someone behind me. Thinking it was a guest of the Motel, I stop to let whoever it is, in front of me, politely.