“Well good, we better get going because we don’t want to get there when there is a rush of people trying to get in and security gets tighter.” Zack said as he helped Sydney off the bed.

And by the looks of it I was a fifth wheel on my birthday. How wonderful!

The walk to the club wasn’t far, five minutes at most. As we arrived there was already a forming line but we ducked through a side entrance where Zack’s cousin was already waiting for us to escort us in. One by one we stepped into the hot dark room with blasting music that slowly was filling in.

“Just stay out of trouble!” Zack’s cousin told us with one last thumb up before he disappeared.

Around me everyone seemed much more excited than me but the girls were dragging me into the dance floor. It took me a few tries to relax but soon enough we were all moving to the beat of the music, our skin growing moist with sweat as the room became crowded.

“I’m going to get some water.” I whispered into Heather’s ear before I walked away from the girls and towards the bar. I quickly sat down on one of the empty stools and signaled one of the bartenders for a bottle of water.

“One vodka soda.” A guy said as he stood next to me, flashing me a smile when I looked his way. “Can I order you a drink?” He asked. He looked like he was freshly 21, if he was even legal. He was wearing jeans and a t-shirt and his hair was nicely done into a quiff kind of look. I had to admit he was kind of cute, even though his over confident attitude wasn’t really my type.

“No thanks, I’ll stick with water.” I told him politely as the bartender handed him his drink.

“I’m Aiden.” He introduced himself, extending his hand in front of him for me to shake.

“Mia.” I replied simply, taking his hand because I felt bad if I had just left him hanging.

“I’ve never seen you around here, is it your first time at a club?” Aiden asked with a knowing smirk; probably at my refusal to let him buy me a drink.

“I’m from out of town, here on vacation with friends.” I screamed over the music. We were pretty close to each other, the music too loud for any type of normal conversation to be had.

“Mia!” Heather said as she drapped her arm around me, stealing the opened bottle from my hands. “Come on, let’s keep dancing!” She said, pulling me away from Aiden. I flashed him an apologetic smile and gave him a small wave before I followed after my best friend.

“Who was that guy you were talking to?” She questioned into my ear as she guided me through the crowd back to where my little group of friends was standing.

“His name is Aiden and that is as much as I know about him because you interrupted.” I told her, raising my eyebrow suggestively so she knew it wasn’t much appreciated.

“I’m sorry! It’s your birthday though; you shouldn’t spend it talking with a stranger.” She pointed out before she broke into a fit of giggles, letting go of my hand and walking over to James and began dancing against him. I averted my eyes quickly and scanned the room, not being able to see much other than a sea of bodies dancing against each other.

From inside my purse, I felt my phone vibrate and temptation got the best of me as I pulled it out. It was probably my parents or some friend from back home wanting to wish me a happy birthday.

1 New iMessage

The screen read and I quickly unlocked my phone and almost gasped in surprise at who had actually texted me. The boy who had tortured my every thought and even my dreams, the one who hadn’t remembered I still existed after the countless of days we spent together and the night where I gave myself to him.