Patrick smiled warmly at Taine and extended his hand. " Mila was just telling me you are leaving tomorrow, its such a shame, we were all at school and work today! We would have loved to have you guys over for a meal, we are family after all!" Taine was surprised at the kindness of this man he had never even met.

Camila smiled at her cousin. "Thanks, Pat, but I'm sure we can next time."

The child whispered not so loudly to Camila. "Aunty Mila, is this man your boyfriend?"

She laughed, kissing his cheeks. "No Sammy, you are the only man in my life." 

"But did he make you move away?"

There was a heavy silence. " Sammy, I wish I could have stayed but sometimes we need to go have new adventures even if we don't want to."

"Like me going to school?"

"Just like that." She beamed at the little boy.

"Alpha Taine, I'll walk you to your room." She knelt to the ground to let go of the child who was clinging to her neck.

"No, I'm not letting you go Aunty Mila, last time you disappeared. You can't leave me again!" Camila shared a look with Libby that meant she was about to cry for the second time that night. 

Blinking back tears she said, "Okay Sammy, how about this, tomorrow if you wake up early I will take you to get some waffles for breakfast." Sammy's face lit up and so did Camila's. "But only if mommy and daddy say it's okay."

 He looked at his parents pleadingly.

Liberty took Sammy from her. "It's fine with us but only if you go to bed as soon as we get home without any fussing."

"Okay, I promise!"

"Lib, I'll come hang with you guys after I show Alpha Taine the way."

"We'll put the kettle on." She said smiling.  The pair separated from the group and walked towards the packed house, initially in silence.

"You're cousin seems nice."

"He is."

"And so does Liberty."

She looked at him confused. "Libby doesn't do nice, she could skin a bear with her words. She must have really tried with you."

They approached the final flight of stairs when Camila spotted a pair of teenagers sitting on a  nearby couch kissing. Camila gasped and sneakily went behind them and yelled. "Damien!" The pair sprung apart and the boy cheekily grinned at Mila while the girl shyly turned her head.

"Cuz! When did you get back!"

"The better question is, why didn't you call me to tell me you found your mate, stupid boy!" She hit him upside the head in annoyance, this only made his smile grow.

"As you can see, I've been preoccupied." He looked at his mate with adoration. She blushed and turned to greet Camila.

"Hi, I'm Rose, I've heard so much about you!"

Damien interjected. "No Ro this isn't my cousin this is my grandma."

Camila feigned anger. "I think you have a death wish Damien, I know where your power ranger figurines are."

Damien looked appalled as Rose began to laugh. "So...Mila, when are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow."

"What! Tomorrow?" Damien looked sad now. "But you only just got here."

Camila said with a sad smile, "Hah! See! I knew you missed me!"

"Wait, so you aren't leaving tomorrow?"

"No, I am...."

Camila said her goodbyes and promised to see them both before she left. From the expression Taine saw on her face, she knew she probably wouldn't. As they walked past Taine was given a glare from Damien.

"I didn't know you had many cousins."

Camila smiled sadly, "Technically its just Pat. Damien's parents adopted him." She didn't offer any further explanation. 

 They finally reached his door.

Camila was playing with her hair. "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For all the family and craziness, I know it must seem like a lot."

"Is it like this every day?"

Camilla grinned showing all her teeth. "Yes." Taine had never wanted to kiss someone so badly. 

"Goodnight Alpha."

"Goodnight Mila." He tested out the nickname. He liked it. And from the way she looked at him, he knew she liked it too.