Chapter 5 The Crush

Nat's POV

We all heard Ponyboy scream and we ran outside. We seen some Soc's. "Hey!!!' I screamedand we all started beaing them up. No one's gona hurt my little brother. Then one punched me in the nose so I fell to the ground. Then they drove away. I sat there holding my nose. "Shit!!" I said under my breath. "You ok kid?" Steve said and he held his hand out to help me up. "I don't need your help." I get up on my own and walk over to Ponyboy. "What did they do to him Soda?" "They pulled a blade on me Nat??" Ponyboy said getting up. We all started walking bac to the house. I look over at Two-bit. "Two-bit? What are you doing tonight? I have nothing to do." I said hoping he would let me hang out with him or something. I kinda liked. But he was my bestfriend so I couldn't jepordize that with him. "Nothing that I know of so far." He said. This was good he was free to hang out with me. If i could build up the guts to ask him to hang out with me. "Them Soc's need to stay on their own side of town." Dally said. I havent seen him in forever. "Were you in the cooler again Dal?" I asked him. I knew it was a yes. "Yeah I was princess." I knew it. "So what are yall doing tonight Pony and Johnny?" He asked. "Dally if you want to hang wot him. He cant be getting in trouble with the cops. They'll split us all up for sure. And none of us want that." I said. I didnt want to be split up from my brothers. They were my life. "I just wanted to go see a movie with them Nat." "Okay. But Ponyboy be back before midnight please." I said. I knew Darry would kill Pony if he was out to late. "Pony why didnt you carry a blade." Darry said. "Yeah that wouldve given them Soc's a little more room to cut up his neck a little more there." I said because Darry knows Ponyboy doesnt carry blades around with him. "If i wanted my kid sister to tell me what to do with my kid brother I'll ask ya alright. Kid sister." He walked off all mad. "What crawled up his ass." Two-bit said slapping his arm over my sholder. "Dang they busted ur nosethere huh princess." Steve said lifting my chin up to see my nose. "Yeah but im alright Stevie." I pushed his hand down and looked at Two-bit and smiled at him.

Two-bit's POV

When Nat looked at me I see a sparkle ive never seen before. Her eyes were so blue and so beautiful. I wish I could have her. I really do.

Nat's POV

"So what's say we go out tonight Two?" I said. It wad like word vomit it just came out. I wouldnt blame him if he said no. I would be crushed.

READ THE NEXT CHAPTER TO FIND OUT WHAT TWO-BIT SAYS TO NAT.