The Beginning

So, this is my first ever novel/story. I've tried writing before but I can never seem to finish so I'm determined to finish this one. I'm kind of obsessed with British shows and people, so some of the ideas and names might be familiar to British books, movies, tv shows, and actors/actresses. Just a small disclaimer :] Kay, I hope you all enjoy my attempt at finishing my first novel :D

Natalia Rose

P.s. All chapters will be written from the main characters pov unless indicated at the top of the new chapter.

---------------------------------------------------------------

To everyone who sees me, I'm just a geeky girl who gets sick all the time. But to everyone who knows me, and I mean truely knows me, I'm so much more than that.

Before I start to come off as conceited or something like that I should probably explain my crazy life. My name is Kaya Kingsley and I'm 18 years old. I just started my senior year of high school and I'm nearing my fourth year as an international spy.

When I was 14 I was recruited by MI6 to do covert missions that required someone of my age and my look was exactly what they needed in order to bring down a particular criminal that they had been trying to get for some time. I don't like talking about him. He pretty much changed my life forever.

Like all people my age I thought being a spy would be fun. And it has been to some extent. I'm highly intelligent, athletic, and well traveled. I can speak almost any language which makes traveling a lot of fun, not to mention it helps a lot when you're in my occupation.

I decided to stay on as an agent, or as most people would see it, a spy, working in cooperation between the British MI6 and the American CIA. As you can imagine, that requires a lot of travel, which goes back to the whole school thing. My parents died when I was little and their one dream for me was to see me graduate high school and go off to college. I couldn't bring myself to just get a GED. I have to complete high school for them. Being sick a lot is just my cover. It also helps keep people away, having friends can be dangerous in the kind of business I'm in and it wouldn't be fair to get anyone else involved.

So now we get back to my other life, the one where I'm a sickly girl who gets perfect grades and has no friends.

First day at a new high school (I recently made a move to New York) : Check

Baggie clothes to avoid standing out : Check

Ten minutes late because the piece of crap truck I bought died : Check

Running smack into a super handsome guy on my way to homeroom : Check

Crap, I'm screwed.