Just a coincidence

The two continued talking whilst heading to the biology room. It was a long walk, and in the meantime they got to know each other a little better. FP told her about the school, who to avoid and what to do and what not to do.

They reached the classroom and stood in front of it for a while.

"This is it" FP said pulling a face as they stood in front of the door.

"Well Thankyou for walking me.. maybe we'll see each other again soon" Alice said winking at him as she opened the door.

He was so intrigued that he poked his head around the door to catch another glimpse of her. She made her way to the back of the classroom and sat down at the last available desk. All eyes were either on her or on him.

"Forsythe?" The teacher called looking up from a sheet of paper she had in her hand.

"Hm?"

"What do you mean hm? It's either 'yes' or 'here' but certainly not hm"

"Ok"

"Well then.. go and sit down, your already late! Don't just stand there"

FP was so confused until he glanced across the classroom and caught Fred's eye. He remembered Fred saying they had the first period together and realised he was actually in the right place for once. Fred raised his eyebrow and smirked, knowing FP had forgotten.

FP said no more and made his way to the back of the classroom. He sat down next to Alice who was finding the whole thing quite amusing.

"And you must be Alice am I right?" The teacher asked Alice, who just nodded and smiled.

The teacher continued going through the names on the sheet of paper to insure everyone was there and after she was done she began the lesson.

"Guess that was just a coincidence" Alice laughed

„Yeah.. a tragic coincidence"

"Why? Because you have to sit next to me?" She joked.

"No.. remember, I hate biology.. and just for the record, I don't mind sitting next to you. Way better that sitting next to one of those snobs" he said pointing in the direction of Penelope.

"Wait, who's that again?" Alice whispered

FP explained to her who she was and a few other people in the class. They basically spent the whole lesson talking, not getting much work done.

Finally the bell rang and everyone began packing their bags.

„I guess I'll see you around then Jones" Alice smiled as she swung her bag around her shoulder.

„Yeah, see you around smith" he chuckled.

He walked her out of the classroom before the two parted and headed their separate ways. Alice had English and FP was headed to math.

All throughout second, third and fourth period, all FP could do was think about her. He'd never met anybody like her in his life. She was so easy to talk to and so polite, yet he was still trying to figure her out. Why did she leave her old town to come and live in a shit hole like Riverdale? He got so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't pay attention to anything the teachers were saying. He just couldn't get his mind off her.

Just before the bell rang he snapped out of his thoughts. He realised he was getting caught up in something he shouldn't be. They had barely known each other for a few hours. He was going to keep his feelings to himself and try and get to know her first. Even if he knew they wouldn't end up together, he still wanted to be friends with her.

Little did he know, Alice was having the exact same thoughts. She tried her best to concentrate in lessons, but her mind was caught up with FP. She couldn't decide if it was because he was the only person she knew out of all these people, or if she wanted something more. She too realised she shouldn't have been thinking about these kind of things, especially because they had only know each other for a few hours.

Lunch time came around quite quickly and as soon as the bell rang, everyone made their way to the canteen. FP sat in his usual spot, a table right in the corner of the room. He was soon joined by Hermione and Fred, who started up a conversation. He was getting a little sidetracked though as he couldn't help but wonder where Alice was. He hoped she didn't get lost or even worse. His eyes scanned the room until he finally saw her. He sighed in relief as he saw who she was with. Mary. A northsider, who was undoubtedly the smartest in their entire grade. She was a straight A student but was also incredibly hilarious and sweet. She belonged to FP's group of friends which consisted of him, Fred, Hermione and her, although sometimes she was quite distant as she was caught up with school work or hanging out with other friends. She sometimes alternated between their group and her other group, basically every nerd in the grade, but they didn't mind. Fred grew up with her and was one of her closest friends, and once she and FP were introduced they immediately bonded.

Her striking ginger hair was pulled up into a half up half down ponytail, and it was hard to loose her in the crowd of people. They broke free of the crowd, lunch trays in their hands, and started walking over to the table at which FP was sat. Alice strolled alongside Mary, who was talking and laughing. They reached the table and Alice smiled as she saw FP.

„I see you've met Mary" he smiled

„Yeah, what a COINCIDENCE that our timetable almost completely syncs up" she said emphasising the coincidence, hinting at their conversation earlier that day.

Hermione gave the three of them an odd stare

„Care to introduce us?" she said with a smile on her face, curious to know who Alice was

„Right, sorry" FP said, getting up from the table.

Mary got her tray and went to sit down next to Fred.

„Hermione, Fred, This is Alice.. you met earlier today in biology, Alice this is Hermione and Fred"

„Nice to meet you" She said flashing them a smile

FP gestured for her to sit down, and took the seat next to her.

„So Alice.. what brings you to Riverdale?" Hermione asked

„Well my dad got a new job and it required him living in the same town, so I guess I had no choice but to move here"

„Ahh ok, and how are you enjoying your first day? Fred asked

„It's alright I suppose, I'm just going to have to get used to it" she laughed

„It takes a while, but trust me, it's not as bad as it seems" FP laughed

„So what can you do around here? Is there like a cinema or something?"

„Yeah, there's a drive in and a diner called pops but that's about it" FP said

„What do you say we all go to pops tonight?" Hermione asked

„Actually, I can't tonight.. I have something I need to do, but how about tomorrow?"

„Oh, ok yeah tomorrow sounds great. What are you doing tonight then?"

„Not important, just a few errands"

"Ok"

The five of them carried on talking until the next period began. They all went their separate ways apart from Alice and Mary who yet again had the same lesson.