I Know

KANNA

Just a few minutes ago I was dancing with one of my business associates, now I am face to face with a man who literally crushed my heart, Michael. What is he doing here and how did he find me?

Not much has changed within these pass few months aside from the small stubble he was now spouting.  And maybe he packed on a few more muscles.  Is there even room for more.  My god how I miss him.  But my thoughts won't let me go there.  He broke my heart in the most cruelest way possible that I would never forget.  For what ever reason he's here, my heart will not allow him near me.  I can't help feeling angry once again.  I thought within these pass few months my anger had subsided.  How wrong I was.  Because just the sight of him, makes me want to punch, and kick him into oblivion.  But no I won't do that.  What ever those people had did, I will not choose to act the same way.  I am much better than them and I know it.

"Ms. Kahn, you said brother in law? Last I heard he was married to Dana, are you telling me your her sister?"  Christy interrupted my thoughts.

I nodded at my head towards her, the model I had found a while back to show case my designs.  I wouldn't have chosen her but unfortunately one of my models  became pregnant and I needed a replacement.  She was exactly the same size as my model. This is only temporary though until I fine a model who doesn't seem stuck up.  How she knows Michael, that I am curious about.  It's totally a small world.

"You two know each other?"

Christy lifted her chin, "He's, uh..."  Taking one look at Michael, he glared at her with an angry look before speaking again, "He's my ex." I could almost hear the possessiveness in her voice. Did he come here with her? What ever happened to Dana? This morning I had read the tabloids but then again I am not into cheesy gossips.

Comparing Dana and Christy, I can see why Michael had gone out with Christy and Dana, they had similarities that it's so uncanny.  Michael has poor choice in his love life.  I hope I don't fall into that category.

"Kanna." Michael called.

"Yes." Whipping my head in his direction I answered nonchalantly. Course he was taken back by my answer. Pulling my hand towards him it was as if this whole room was empty aside from the two of us. "Christy, Randal, why don't you two enjoy the party while I have a word with Michael here." They both reluctantly agreed leaving Michael and I alone as we walked away from prying eyes.

Taking I deep breath I decided to ask, "What are you doing here?" I had notice the stares he was giving my 8 month pregnant belly.

"Is it mine?" He coolly ask. Is this guy joking?

"No." I blankly answered him.

"Oh cut the crap Kanna, we both know this child is mine." He suddenly placed his hand on top my belly. I couldn't help but role my eyes, if he already knows then why bother to even ask.

Smiling I replied, "As I recall I am probably a whore and a homewrecker who got knocked up in another one night stand, so to answer your question, this child is not yours and will never be yours." My expression must've upset him because I said it with a straight face.

Turning away from him, I felt his grip on my arm, "Why didn't you tell me you're pregnant?"

Sighing I replied, "Would it matter?  You made your decision."

"Of course it matters."

"No, I didn't want to keep you because of the baby, I wanted you with me because of me."

"Is that the excuse you use to make you sleep at night?"

What the hell?  If this is his way of apologizing to me well he sucks at it, "Are you blaming me?"

"You should've told me."  He raised his voice at me.

"Tell you? So you can stay with me out of pity." I laughed, "I wanted you to stay with me because you love me."

"But I do love you."

Pulling my arm way from him, "You have no right to get angry at me, and you have no right to say those words. Those words are meant for someone special. That day when you met me at the cafe I wanted to tell you but the words you said, it's embedded in my mind like a broken record."  He grew quiet.  "Don't you remember.  You basically called Kyle a bastard child from some unknown man and on top of that you throw in homewrecker. You even had the gall to profess your love for Dana in front of me so don't you dare tell me you love me because you clearly don't. So Don't blame me for not telling you about my child that day."  I huffed, "Out of all people I thought you were on my side but I saw where your loyalties lie."

Guilt was now plasterd on his face as I took a small glance at him.

"I'm sorry." He came all the way here to London to say I'm sorry.

Turning back to him, my stare now hard and cold, "If you think saying sorry will make me forgive you for all the crap you have put me through you must think that low of me.  That day, you not only crushed my heart but you stomped on my love like it was some sort of joke."

"Dana and I are getting a divorce."

"Congratulations." I clapped sarcastically.

He looked at me with a confusing expression, "That means we can be together. You, me, Kyle and this little one right here." He smiled looking hopeful.

Oh my fucking god this is hilarious, "What! Did you think I will take you back. You're joking right. I am not and will never be second choice. Sorry but whether you are divorce or not I'd rather stick pins and needle in my eye than take you back. As in I don't fucking care. Now if you'll excuse me I want to go somewhere, where there is no you."

"But you're pregnant and we are going to have a baby."

"Correction Michael I am going to have a baby." Shaking my head and sighing, "Michael go home. Go back to Dana and your little girl."

"She's not mine." She's not his, the words in my head repeated.

"I know." My answer had shaken him.

"You know?"

"Yep. She's Jack, now see ya." Quickly making a hasty exit, I left him stunned.