Drunkard

MICHAEL

I watched Dana yell on the phone. Her voice becoming frantic as she paced back and forth in her night gown while I sat on the sofa in just my boxers.

Two Hours, that's how long she has been on the phone trying to comfort and console Bailey. She was upset about something, that much I could tell.

I had woken up since the call. Her voice bringing me out of my state of sleep.

"Calm down Bailey, relax." Dana comforted. All I can hear is her one-sided conversation.

Hanging up the phone she turned towards me, "Jack has been gone for hours and Bailey is panicking."

"I'm sure he'll be back soon."

"Michael its nearly 2 am, Bailey and him had another argument about that bitch."

"Dana I am sure her and Jack will get through this." I sighed hoping she'd just mind her own business.

"No, don't you see she is a homewrecker and a whore."

But before I could even answer her there was a loud banging on our door, "Michael open the fucking door."

It was Jack and by the sound of his voice he was angry. Angry at me? But why?

Dana went to open the door, I stood behind her when a very angry Jack came bursting through and before I could even greet him his fist came flying towards my jaw. I found myself stumbling back as I held and rubbed my sore chin.

Unfortunately, he didn't stop there, he soon was throwing punch after punch yelling out curse words.

I couldn't even hear Dana pleading for Jack to get off me. And all I could do is block, I would've hit back but Jack is not in his right state of mind so throwing back punches will only aggravate him more.

I was however able to push him off me as I was now on the floor spitting out blood. Jack fell hard his coordination was unstable as I rose to my feet picking up a drunk Jack.

"Don't touch me." He spat rising to his own feet. His hair was disheveled, his clothes were not only wrinkled but stained with blood, probably my blood with a mixture of his.

"What the hell is going on Jack?" Dana stood by my side angrily.

"You, you're the problem." He hissed at Dana.

"where the hell have you been, Baileys' been worried sick about you." Dana confronted.

"Bailey! Who gives a damn." He spat out angrily.

"Jack what's the matter with you?" Dana place her hands on her hips waiting for her answer that never came.

"What I want to know is how you manage to seduce her." Jack then growled towards me.

"Do not tell me you're talking about that bitch?"

"Do not call her a bitch." Jack glared at Dana, his look scorching into her making her shut up in the process.

"Look man, you're drunk, go home and we'll talk in the morning." I attempted to calm him down.

"What the fuck, do not patronize me. If only you had kept your dick in your pants...."

"Jack go home now!" Dana interrupted again only this time she was pushing him out the door.

Jack had pushed her away, "Fuck Dana, this is all your fault..."

"Please Jack not now, go home." Dana once again tried but in a pleading voice.

Running his hands through his hair he grabbed me by my collar, we were now face to face, we are both the same height so neither one of us were looking down on each other that is until the red stain I had caught on his collar. "Where have you been Jack." I asked dryly. It sure didn't look like blood.

"Why, what's it to you?"

"Fuck Jack you are getting married and you were with some girl."

"Do not lecture me, at least I did not sleep with another woman while being married. At least I have the gall to admit my mistakes, what about you? And as a matter of fact, she is not just any girl." He spoke affirmatively.

This Jack is drunk so I will let his insults slide. But what did he mean not just any girl. Not giving it, another thought I watch Jack trying to piece together sentences. With every word he spoke came out clumsy. He is not in the right state of mind, but I couldn't take my eyes away from that lip stick stain on him. I would like to reprimand him unfortunately he is right. I have no right to judge him or even tell him off.

"Jack is this true, where you with another woman tonight? Is that why you were out all night, what about Bailey? My god Jack, I thought you had some sense into you." Dana asked concerned about her friend.

"Oh, don't pretend you care...."

"I do care, Bailey is my friend."

"Your friend, ha, you both are one in the same. What if I did say I was with someone last night. What would you have done, the both of you." His voice held conviction.

"You're lying, you would never do that to Bailey." Dana gasped while picking up the phone, "I'm calling her right now to come get your ass before you can say anything more."

Jack suddenly grabbed the phone with one hand and throwing it against the wall before grabbing me once again. "That's what you want right. To get rid of me." His hold tightened.

"Jack calm down. You are drunk and Lacy is upstairs asleep, so if you don't want a broken noise I suggest you go home otherwise a hangover is not the only thing you will wake up too."

Throwing his head back he laughed manically, "You'd like that wouldn't you. You are always running away from your problems." He finally let go of me.

"You want to know where I have been, Kanna's. I have been with her this whole time." He gritted.

What the hell, he was with her? He was with her in that state, drunk as fuck. And only now he's showing up. This time I grabbed him by his collar, "What the hell were you doing with her?"

"What do you think?" He cocked his eyebrow. Oh hell no. He didn't do what I think he did, "Did you fucking touch her?"

"Touch her?" He clicked his tongue, "Sure I did, I touch her arm, her face..."

"That is not what I fucking mean and you know that."

"What do you think?" He smirked. "You're not the only one she can fuck. And believe me I enjoyed every touch and moaned she produced. And let me tell you she is one good lay."

Hearing those rods my blood boiled. How dare he speak of Kanna that way. I don't know what he's angle is but if it's to piss me off it's working. I could feel my eyes popping out of their socket, before I even knew what was going on, I punched him. He fell back hard hitting one of our end stands in the process.

Wiping the blood from his face he stood back up. "Why, I had her first only it's right for you to return her to me."

"What are you talking about?" Now I was confused, maybe it's because he had one too many drinks either way he talks way too much.

Dana suddenly pulled me back, "Michael let's just leave him. He's drunk he doesn't know what he's saying."

Shrugging her off, I punch the wall next to Jack's side leaving a nice hole. "Jack what the hell do you mean?"

Jack chuckled at my question, "Ask her." He nodded towards Dana.

Turning towards Dana I watch her froze in her spot, her lips where quivering as tears slowly spilled from her eyes.

Clearly, she was hiding something from me and Jack knew what it was.

Please vote and comment