The Shower

KANNA

Standing in front of the big brass door with Kyle in my arms and all his baby supplies, I hesitated before pressing the doorbell.

I was shaking from nervousness. What seems like hours, only was a few minutes until and elderly lady with curly brown hair opened the door.

She smiled at me sweetly before speaking. "You must be Kanna and this cutie here must be Kyle."

I smiled back, "And you must be Carol Burdot, Lacy's Nanny?"

"Please call me Nana."

"Of course, Nana."

"Now please come in. I shall call for the Mister and Missis."

Entering the house, it was nothing like I had imagine. The outside seemed simple but the inside looked grand and classy.

"There were paintings hanging on the wall along with lovely figurines. The couches where leather and the furniture were made from the finest red oak.

I can't believe I am actually in the home of my sister and her family.

A few days after Jack paid me a surprise visit I had received a text from Michael asking for a play date with Kyle.

At first, I was skeptical but it's just a simple play date with two kids in the home of my sister and her husband. Maybe this is my opportunity to actually start a sisterly bond. Being hopeful that I am, I was now excited.

"Isn't it gorgeous." I watch my sister Dana elegantly walk down the stairs holding a drink in one hand along with Michael arm in arm.

I could only roll my eyes. Who drinks this early in the day?

Standing in front of them I debated whether to hug them, shake their hands or...instead I choose to stay in my place smiling and thinking what to do next.

I'm a bit surprise really that even after what had transpired between Michael and I, Dana still welcome me into their home. I guess I should be thrilled, she is either stupid, or she must really love Michael or stupidly in love. Who am I to judge. If I were in her position, I'd have the bitch killed, maimed, and bury her in my backyard while sitting on her grave drinking coffee.

Standing face to face, Michael looked at me with an emotionless express before greeting Kyle with a smile. "Hello Bud." Kyle just gave out a smile showing what little teeth he has. "Lacy's upstairs with Carol." Holding out his hands, I gave him Kyle and his belongings only for Michael to exit the room leaving me and Danna to ourselves.

Oh great, "You know," Dana began, "You may have everyone fooled with your innocent act, but we both know what you truly are."

Did I say I wanted nothing more than that sisterly bond? Did I say I was hopeful well screw that.

Giving a fake smile I answered with a nod, before turning around going up the stairs. If she wasn't going to show me the way or at least give me a tour I would just have to do it myself. That is until I felt a strong grip on my arm. "Stay away from Michael. He is mine and you can't have him." She gently placed her drink down.

Turning to face her my jaw clench, "Sorry but I don't do left overs, isn't that you?"

I could see her face fuming right before she attempted to slap me, luckily, I was quick enough to grab her arm. "Haven't you done enough damage. Now that we are here let's talk." I gritted out each word carefully, "Have you thought about if you hadn't done what you did we wouldn't be here now would we. So, think about it, who started this mess in the first place." My tongue clicked, "oh honey and just so you know I intend to finished this."