The Day of

MICHAEL

It was the day of the gala. I picked up Christy in a limo and we drove off. She kept goading me into complementing her by throwing her silicone breast in front of me. Why women tends to worry about appearance is beyond me. What is wrong with what they look like. If you ask me a true man will love you for what you have, not what you don't. I know sounds cliche but it's the truth.

Finally arriving at the gala, I handed my keys to the valet.

Hand in hand I led Christy down stairs to only run into other models who surrounded us with questions. "Is this your new boyfriend?" The first brunette asked.

"N..."

"Yes," Christy interrupted. What the hell was she doing?

"I knew it, it's all over the magazine. Besides I know the face of the multi billionaire in the US. You're all over the tabloids." Another blond gazed at me with her long lashes.

"What magazine?" Pulling from her clutches was a magazine of Christy and me on the front page which read, New girl friend, and Trouble in paradise. Fuck this is exactly why I tried to stay out of the public eyes.

"Come on baby let me introduce you to some people around here." Who is she calling baby?

"Christy I think you misunderstood me, I'm sorry if I led you on but this act has to stop." Pulling her aside she gazed at me.

"Act. I thought for these pass few days we were reconnecting."

"I'm sorry, there is someone else in my heart and I'm looking for her." Her expression took a downfall.

"So you led me on. Michael I thought fate brought me to you again, don't you see. We loved each other once. How bout giving us a chance?"

"I'm sorry. What we had is in the past. What I want is total someone different." It's true. Kanna can't even compare to these blonds, brunets, red heads. I'd be lying if I said these models here aren't beautiful because they are but Kanna, is in no comparison. Her beauty is indescribable. Something I have always known since the very first time I laid my eyes on. Why am I only now admitting this?

"Fine how bout just for tonight, be my boyfriend just for tonight."

I, in my state of mind reluctantly agreed. What could go wrong, right. For some strange reason I keep asking myself that strange question.

The gala continued on, and Christy and I dance, we even had a bit of champagne, we laughed we talked it was fun. I have never felt this much fun in a while. And for a split second I didn't mind it at all when she had introduce my as her boyfriend. It was just for fun. Nothing more. Sure at first I felt uncomfortable but it sort of grew on me I guess.

"So tell me, how did you become a model?"

"I was working at a clothing store when this person said that they were looking for someone of my size to show case their designs and I agreed so here I am."

Not much of a story. As we were dancing my back had hit a person from behind, "Oh excuse me." I apologized not looking back but only looking at the woman in front of me.

"It's all right." I froze. I would recognize that voice in my sleep. That sweet medolic voice that haunts my dreams.

"Michael?" Christy called.

Choosing to ignore her, I slowly turned around only to see the back of the woman I had bumped into dancing with a young gentleman who looks oddly familar. Doesn't matter I'll think about it later. Right now my focus is of the young lady whose back faces me.

Touching her shoulders, her and her dance partner stop. "Excuse me but this lady is mine tonight." The man glared at me not wanting to let her go.

Flipping her around ever so gently my heart stopped. Those eyes, those same eyes that I thought I would never see is looking back at me. Her smile, my fingers lightly grazed her quivering lips as I heard her inhale. Her lips now parted and the fist thing that came to my mind was; I crashed my lips on her pulling her closer to me but only for a split second until her dance partner decided to knocked me out.

"Michael." Christy was now helping me up to my feet. We were now attracting some unwanted attention.

For a minute however that caught me of guard. All I could think about was how I miss those soft lips against mine and how I ached to kiss them again.

Standing up, I wiped the smidge of blood on the corner of my mouth, "You shouldn't have done that?"

"Well you shouldn't have just kiss a lady like that." The man pulled her to his side.

"Kanna," I softly growled. Her name on my lips seemed all too right, my gaze only focus on her face that is until I had notice the man's hand on her belly.

Her big belly? I couldn't think straight, either she put in a lot of pounds or she's pregnant. My mind was everywhere. "Your pregnant?" That's the first thing that came out of my mouth aside from her name.

"So what of it." The man's jaw clenched. "Christy who is this man you brought here?"

"My boyfriend."

"Wait, no." I watch Kanna withdraw behind the man. "We are not..."

"It's good to see you again Michael." At that moment, my heart started beating again and the sound of my name on her lips had me doing all sorts of flips. The way she spoke my name, I want to hear it again but the next time she will call my name will be because she is begging and trembling beneath me.

"Wait you know him?" The man now asked.

Kanna only nodded her head. "What are you doing here?"

"I..uh..I..." Christy and the man only stared at us in confusion.

"Ms. Kahn how do you know him?"

Kanna only giggled. God I miss her giggles, "He is my brother in law."

Ouch that hurt. Why did it hurt that much?