Chapter 8.

The Devil's Crush.
Chapter 8.
Copyrighted.
No part of the story shall be copied or reproduced.

Thanks to rinacungu for voting in every chapter. I love your support❤️❤️❤️

Landon helped me get down from Bessie. We were in some remote area covered with trees and shrubs and grass. Bessie stood on a clear patch and I doubted whether Landon was going to kill me or kidnap me and demand a high price for my release.

That is what exactly people do in such sketchy places.

So, I voiced my thoughts.

Landon blinked at me. Bless Bessie for providing the lights. He blinked once and then twice. Amusement colored his eyes. Landon studied me and then burst out laughing.

"Haha Landon. This is as funny as Trump winning the elections." I remarked. Landon wiped away his tears. Is he high or something?

"You're already dying for my sexy body, Buttercup. No need to kill you." He said, composing himself. Arrogance dripped down the smirk that was on his face.

I narrowed my eyes at him. Landon only chuckled on my action. "Anyways, we're forgetting why we're here." He said enthusiastically, suddenly lighting up. He put forward his hand for me to hold which I willingly accepted.

Landon led me to Bessie's back. It became dark here and I was blinded. I felt and heard Landon jump and with on the truck. "Come up." He said, passing his hand to me. My eyes were settling toward the darkness. "Come on Ellie! You can do it!"  Landon cheered like an excited five year old and I laughed at his antics. I could feel Landon bouncing on the truck. Cute.

The first thing that I felt was a soft fabric. I crawled forward and my senses told me it was pillows and cushions. They were all very soft and comfy and it was hard to crawl on them, but still, I crawled forward and felt Landon crawl behind me.

Once we were settled on the pillows and cushions and a comforter draped over us, we gazed at the stars. When did Landon plan all this? "Ellie?" Landon asked breaking the comfortable silence. I hummed in an answer. "Why do you hate me so much?" He questioned, voice full of pain.

Suddenly, Ryan passed through my mind; "All his words did; a walking dynamite ready to blast and cause pain" "heroin and drugs and all those dangerous things" "He would leave you broken and all alone."

And then, all those awful things that Landon did to me all those things as a child passed through my mind like a clip—pushing me in pools, chopping off my hair, staining my clothes with spaghetti, coloring on my textbooks, stealing my food, pushing me off swings, pulling away my chair when I was about to sit; everything.

"Why did you bully me back then, Landon?"

Landon heaved a sigh. "I- I was an as**ole back then. All I wanted was your attention, Ellie. You were friends with Ryder and you made goo- goo eyes at Ryan, but me, I was always invisible to you, Ellie."

I felt angry, not at Landon but at myself. I did avoid Landon with all my heart but for a different reason. I looked down, not being able to look at Landon. I admit being a stupid brat back then trying to be Miss-Know-It-All. I guess, I had my mother's genes, then?

Landon cupped my chin and made me look up at him. His eyes were sad and seeking answers; answers that only I could give. His orbs were glowing due to moonlight intensifying the blue gray shade. The two colored battled for dominance but ended up syncing into each other.

"Landon, you need to promise me something first." I said meekly, ashamed of myself. "Anything. Everything."  He answered, his left hand on my right cheek and his right hand caressing my other cheekbone.

"Promise me that you won't judge me. Promise me that you won't hate me, Landon." I said and Landon's eyes softened. Suddenly there were sparks of amusement in his eyes but were overpowered by disbelief. "I can never judge you Ellie. I can never hate you." His voice held so much intensity and honesty that I winced.

"I was scared." I answered. He looked even more confused and opened his mouth to question but I placed my hand over his mouth not letting him start speaking. Landon seemed to understand that I needed to finish with my words. He nodded, shutting his mouth.

"I never knew that Jake-" Landon winced at the name, "left. I always thought that he died off in a war. And, I- I thought that whatever happened to your family will happen to my family too, if we talked."

I know! I know! I was a dumb bitch. Can you blame me? I was six then, too much into stories of fairies and angels and monsters and curses.

"Look at me Ellie." Landon commanded holding back a certain emotion. I refuse to look at you, Landon. "Look at me Ellie." He demanded. This time, I did look up. I thought that he would be angry but his lips were coiled to form a smile.

"Ellie, you're so...so innocent."He said caging me in his arms. His tasty smell shot up through my nose sending sparks through my whole body. My body was tense, breathe hitching and face turning deep red. Awkwardly, I wrapped my arms around him.

With time, my awkwardness flew away. The cool air changed its currents and became warmer and warmer. We stayed like this, a certain comfort reaching my heart. Soon, Landon had tugged my under his chin and we stayed like that for years, it seemed.

———————————————
***

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!! I AM SO SO SO SORRY MY BIRDIES!!! BUT, I KNOW YA'LL LOVE ME AND YOU WILL VOTE, WON'T YOU? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE VOTE.

ALSO, THOUGHTS ON LANDON?

WHOM DO YOU THINK ELLIE SHOULD BE PAIRED WITH?