drunk

I miiisz hrr.

You squint your eyes and try to think of what Donny was trying to say in the text message he sent.

Sprry for venting outt Y /N..

It occurs to you that Donny is either sleepy or crying or drunk, and you don't know which one is worse so you tried to dial his number.

He picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?" you say, but you can hardly hear what Donny's saying on the other line because of the loud music.

"Donny! Where are you? Answer me! Are you drunk?" you ask, almost shouting.

"No no no I'm not drunk...... very drunk lang," Donny said in a very groggy tone.

"What the--- asan ka ba kase?" You can't help but worry and get annoyed at the same time.

"Look, best friend, no need to worry abo--- holy crap... I think I'm gonna throw up," Donny said, then you heard him vomiting on the other line.

"OMG, Dons. Just... shocks, uhhhh, ganito nalang, punta ka ng CR, clean up yourself, okay? Asang club ka ba?" you ask.

"Where we used to hang out dito sa BGC. By we, I meant me and her ha... not me and you," Donny managed to say before throwing up again.

Me and her. Not me and you.

Not Donny and me. You think to yourself.

Of course, it's always been her. Donny's eyes were always on her, even after she dumped Donny. It's always about her and never about you.

Nevertheless, Donny's still your bestfriend.

"Manong, balik po tayo," you casually say to your driver.

"Pero ma'am, wala pong U-turn dito," your driver complained.

"Please manong, just do what I say. Donny needs me," you say in the most unannoyed way possible.

After a 20 minute drive, you finally arrive to the bar Donny was talking about. You're not a party animal so the music is too loud for your liking.

"Woooooh, party!" you heard a familiar voice shout. Shit. That's Donny.

You tried to run to him as fast as you could, before he can make a scene.

"Donny, come here. Uwi na tayo," you said then lightly tug his hand.

"Bakit? Sino ka ba?" he asked, eyeing you. Recognition shot across his face.  "Ohhhh Y/N. My bestfriend saved the day," Donny shouted. It's a good thing that the music was so loud so no one else could hear him, and it's not as if anyone would pay attention.

"Halika na. You're so wasted already," you said then tugged the sleeve of his shirt.

Donny leaned his body on you so all he's weight is yours to carry now. Wow, you never thought he's this heavy.

You looped his left arm on your shoulder and pulled him. "You have to walk, okay? Hindi kita kaya," you say to him as you dragged him out the club.

"One little two little three little Indians, four little five little six little Indians," Donny sang and you laughed so hard that you snorted like a pig.

"Makatawa naman 'to. Baboy lang?" Donny said, half-unconsciously. Kahit lasing, naasar ka pa rin nya.

"You're crazy when you're drunk," you said the lightly slapped his face. God, he is so red from all the liquor.

"I'm pretty crazy about her too," he managed to say.

Ouch.

"Pangit b-ba ako? Kapalit *hiccup* palit ba ako?" he asked, mocking Liza's line.

"No Donny, she's just stupid for dumping you. Let it go. Let the thought of her go," you said then pushed him at the backseat of your car.

"Manong, tara na po," you say.

"M-manong, alam mo ang swerte swerte ko talaga sa bestfriend ko," Donny said, before completely passing out.

You just let out a sigh. Best friend. That's what you are to him, nothing more, nothing less.

Either way, you're still grateful.

----

Follow me on Twitter: seahphire 😆

Don't forget to vote and comment! ❤ Sending lots of love to you guys. Thank you for supporting this story. Here's to more imagines.