ella's birthday

"Happy birthday Ella!" you squeal on the phone as you greet Donny's sister, Ella on her 21st birthday. "I can't believe you're 21 now."

"Thank you, Y/N," Ella said over the phone. "Time flies by so fast, eh? It's also been a year since we got to hang out. All thanks to Donny, I found a friend in you."

A small smile formed on your lips as you recall what happened exactly one year ago, when Donny first introduced you to his family on Ella's 20th birthday celebration.

"Aww. That's so sweet," you say over the phone.

"Start getting ready na, the dinner's starting in a few. I'll hand the phone to Donny. Thanks again, Y/N," Ella uttered.

"Oh babe, get ready na," Donny said on the other line.

"Hmmm. What should I wear?" you ask.

"I'll be wearing black, if that helps," he declared.

"Tss. You practically wear black every single day, Donato," you scoff.

"Hey, I was just trying to help. Just wear anything you feel comfortable in. I'm pretty sure you'll look good on anything," he said and you feel the heat on your cheeks as you blush.

"Well, we better get off the phone na. Thanks for all the sweet talk, love," you said.

"I'll pick you up in 10 minutes, okay? I'm on my way."

"Drive safe," you said before hanging up.

You settled for a peach dress which Donny gave you last Christmas. When the two of you got to the venue, everyone's eyes were on you and Donny.

"Ugh, I hate having my photos taken by these random guys," Donny said in between gritted teeth.

You playfully punched his side a little, signalling him to just go with the flow. "Smile for the camera, babe," you say.

"I only like having my photos taken when it's you who takes them," Donny said, still smiling for the camera, making you blush. Again.