CH 34: How It All Began...

ACHARA'S POV

Hand in hand Yo and I walk past the others towards the house, but even with how serious the situation is I can't resist teasing my boys. "Are you all trying to catch bugs? If not, close your mouths."

Audible cracks can be heard around us as multiple jaws snap together. As a matter of fact, the only ones who don't seem surprised by my wings is the pack guarding me. "Kla, did you and your pack know?"

"My Queen, it is probably more accurate to say we remember. We were in the palace rotation around that time, so we were privy to some of the more private information regarding our King and his business." He tells me with a small smile as he falls in line with the other's following us back to the house.

"That makes sense. It's not like Abaddon hid his intentions when he began courting me or when we decided to marry. We were quite the scandal back then, weren't we?"

"Yes, my Queen, that's very true. Our King has never been shy about sharing his intentions with others, and it's most likely what started the last rebellion." Kla replies with a much larger smile this time.

"Is it? I always wondered what the cause was. He never told me."

"Mom? What's he talking about?" Yo asks.

Seeing we've reached the house, I say, "Let's go inside and get comfortable and I'll tell you about how I met your father.

--------------------

FLASHBACK - Approximately 21 Years Ago...

One of my humans is straying from the right path tonight. I've tried to subtly lead them back with whispered suggestions, but it's been non-effective against his stubborn self-righteousness.

Why do humans always think they're right? Especially when they're making the wrong decisions. Where does their false confidence come from? I just don't understand.

Currently, I'm staying close to his side as he creeps down a dark alley in one of the warehouse districts of the city. I'm not supposed to directly intervene in the lives of my charges, because of free will and all, but I can't stand to leave him alone. I might not be able to do anything to protect him from an attack by humans, but at least I can do my best to try to defend him from demonic influences while he's with me.

"Hey, achara." A deep husky voice calls from the darkness ahead.

"Who calls me? Show yourself." I command taken aback as I search the darkness around me.

Echoing laughter rings out in the dark alley, but my human continues pressing forward, completely unaware of what is happening around him. The only sign he gives of even feeling the heavy demonic presence which has suddenly invaded our midst, is a slight shiver and the speeding up of his already hurried steps.

Suddenly, a tall man dressed head to toe in black exits from a small side passage on my left. He leans against the wall, seemingly relaxed as he looks me over. He's shrouded in darkness and I can't make out an of his facial features, but it doesn't matter. I know what I need to know about him. He's hell spawn.

"How do you know my name?" I demand.

"Is that really your name, achara? How droll. Has Heaven gotten so lazy?"

"I don't understand your words, demon, but don't interfere with my human or you'll pay the price tonight."

"Oh, achara, your human means little to me. I don't have time for such meaningless displays at this point in my existence. Humans will do what they always do. They don't need me to meddle in their lives."