1

Clark's POV:

Damn. Tonight was a successful night! I got fist pumping wasted, won beer-pong, and got a date with he nerd queen on Monday! She had always been the 'pure' one! Ha! Not if I can help it! She's the last girl at Smith Winston High who hasn't slept with me! I mean what a prude... Her brother, Blane, happens to be really pathetically protective of his OLDER sister. I don't see why. Even family will eventually just leave you the fuck behind.

I stepped out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my waist and my fingers combing my black hair back. I get dressed and make my way down stairs to the kitchen. Of course the first thing I see is my good for nothing father. He sends me his signature death glare that I learned to avoid years ago.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" Tom, my father, yelled in my face for the third time this week.

"I WAS JUST LEAVING!" I yelled back as loud as I could.

I kick the wall on my way to the door, grabbed my beat-up leather jacket, and left. I always say that i'm never coming back to this hell hole, but I always end up on the porch at night. I trudge over to my baby and start her up. My baby, a 1994 harley davidson sportster with red and black detailing. No one but me rides my baby. No one.

I sped as fast as I could go, with out totaling my baby, to my best-friend's house. Yes, even I have a best friend. I pull into his driveway, kick the stand down, and storm to his window. Pulling my body up his window and with little effort I jump into his room.

"JAKE!" I yelled in his ear as I approached his bed. I take a closer look at the bed and notice the school slut, Jacy, beside him. Jake groggily runs a hand through his hair and steps out of the messy bed.

"Put some cloths on man!" I scold and toss him a pair of random shorts that I found on the floor around him.

"Damn, what happened this time, you look like a wreck Clark!" Jake pointed out with a smirk slapped on his face.

"You know the usual, the old hack is at it again." I reply with the same smirk he wore just minutes before. His face softened at my words and he shook the poor girl awake.

"Dude, I thought he was going to stop drinking for Mary's benefit. What happened?" Jake said with the sympathy that he knew I despised of.

" Get the slut out and I'll talk." I stated sternly. Jake is the only one who knew everything about me. He knows about my drunkard of a father, why I don't trust, and mostly why I will never love anyone.

"I have a name you know!" Jacy's whinny voice screeched from across the room. Once she left I sat at the edge of Jake's bed. He was moving around the room, straightening out as much as he could.

"It's ok man, you can tell me. The last thing I want is for you to leave here and end up at the police station again! You promised no more fighting so let it out now." Jake looked at me with a pained look as he examined the dark, killer look on my face.

" He doesn't know what he's doing to her! Every time he dose this shit! He' s going to kill her! I don't want to be there when that happens but I don't want to leave her there! What am I supposed to do?" As I finished my mini rant, choking on my words, Jake took a seat at his desk across from the bed I was siting on.

" I will always tell you to consider just reporting him for domestic violence and alcohol abuse. I don't want you to fight him again. You and I both know that the scar on your back didn't come from any old bar fight." Jake looked me in the eyes and continued. "If you really want to help your mother you need to tell the police, you know Darrell is always here to help, you just need to tell him." He said referring to his older brother, the head of the LA police department. To tell the truth, I was just starting to consider finding help. I always want to do everything for my self.

"Just get him in here before I change my mind." I mumbled to him. His eyes brighten and a smile smears onto his face.

"Wait right there!" He warned.

"DARRELL!" I heard him shout from the door.

" WHAT!?" I hear him reply with annoyance.

"Clark's here and he needs your help." Jake said a lot softer now.

"Okay?" Darrel said with a hint if apprehensiveness. I don't blame him. I never need help. Ever. Just then Darrell walks into the room. He's a tall buff guy that even I wouldn't want to mess with. Well here goes nothing.

"You needed my help?" Darrell said, with one eyebrow quirked.

"I need your help getting my Abusive, drunkard of a father away from my mother." I said with no expression on my face. He looked at me with a mix of shock, hurt, and confusion.

"Of course I can help. I can write up a report right now if you want."

"That would be great!" Clark replied before I could even get a word out.

"Can you come by the station?" Darrell asked.

"Maybe I'll come tomorrow after lunch. I got a date with the Nerd queen at noon." I tried to reason.

"Are you sure man?" Jake questioned.

"Yes."