Prologe

~ Nicky's POV

I stare out my fogged-over window in hopes to see my fathers battered, old, sorry excuse for a car pull into the drive way. I know it's been over 7 years since his passing, but I never really accepted the fact that I will never hear his voice again. I turn the bright pink swivel chair back towards my desk, trying desperately to forget the wonderful memories of my father.

Great! Now I have at least another 3 more hours of school work left to do and it's almost 9:30! I know, I know, 9:30 is really early for a senior in high school to go to bed! Well, I for one, am not one to get any less than 8 hours of well deserved sleep. I begin to concentrate on the awaiting English assignment.

3 hours 17 minutes and 34 seconds later, I'm laying face down in a pile of tangles sheets. And no, they are not tangled the way your dirty minds are thinking. They just so happen to be messy because I am way to lazy to make my bed. I take my thick rimed glasses off my head and basically trough them on to my night-stand.

Just as I was about to close my eyes and drift into my sleepy haven, when I hear the most annoying sound I have ever hear in my life. My brother's ringtone. I hastily slap a tired hand to my phone and pull it into my reach. With as much force as I can muster, I slam a finger onto the 'accept call' button.

"WHAT IN THE HECK ARE YOU CALLING ME FOR AT 1 IN THE EFFING MORING, MORON!"

" Well hello to you to sister!" Blane cheekily retorted.

" What do you want?"

" I need a favor." He deadpanned.

" And what could the 'all mighty hero' need my help with?" I sarcastically reply.

" Just open your window will ya!"

" And why would I do that brother? Can my 16 year old little baby brother even make it up to my window?" I reply just to stall him.

" But you know as the nice sister I am, I will."

I walk over to my window only to see my smart-butt of a brother hiding under the balcony of my bedroom terrace. Unlocking the little mechanism, I push open the window and offer Blane a hand up. He laughs a little and takes my hand.

" You really did pull this one close! Do you have any idea how hard I was to cover up your ' illness' to mom! Oh and by the way, Cathy was taking care of you." I sated with a disappointed look plastered on my face. He looked at me and with one sudden motion I was being held on my bed and Blane tickling my sides.

" FOR THE LOVE OF CHEESE! IM SORRY! YOU'RE THE BEST BROTHER EVER!" I cried in an attempt to free myself.

" You know you love me!" Blane stated, laughing.

" Oh and by the way... I lost a bet in beer pong. You now have a date with Clark on Friday." He said getting off of me.

" WHAT!"