How it all began

The first day of school. Either the best day or the worst day. In FP Jones' case, inevitably one of the worst. Whilst everyone else was happy to see their friends or relieved to make a fresh start, he just wanted to get it over and done with.

Not only was he the typical bad boy, who ditched school and failed most of his classes, but he had a pretty difficult life at home. His parents died when he was young and the only family member around was his abusive uncle. Although he looked chilled and calm, his life was a complete mess, waiting for the right person to stumble and find him.

He pulled up on his motorbike in front of the school. He slowly and unwillingly got off the bike and sighed. Just another problem he had to face, a problem he only had to deal with for another year.

He grabbed his bag and headed into the building. He had 10 minutes until class began, meaning he was early for once. He turned and walked down a long corridor, buzzing with people. Sadly his locker was right at the end of the corridor so he had to deal with the disapproving looks. See, he was a southsider and this was a northsider school. Most of the kids at the school were typical northsiders. Rich, smart and lucky.. well dressed but also cold and brutal. He had quite the reputation as did most of the southsiders who attended the school.

He looked to his left and saw one of the most popular girls in school. Penelope brown. You could tell it was her from a mile away, her red locks and that devilish look she gave everyone who didn't 'fit in'.

Crowding around her were a large group of girls, desperate for attention. If Penelope brown liked you, everyone automatically liked you. If she hated you, then everyone hated you, which was why he received dozens of cold, icy glares as he passed them.

He turned away, only to see the schools by far most popular boy, Hal cooper. The stuck up rich boy, who played for the soccer team and claimed to be better than everyone else.

He rolled his eyes and carried on walking. A few meters ahead he saw Hiram lodge. The wealthiest and undoubtedly smartest of them all. To be honest, he was the complete opposite to FP, meaning he definitely didn't want anything to do with him.

He finally reached his locker only it was being blocked by his best friend Fred, who had his tongue down his girlfriends throat.

Fred Andrews and Hermione Diaz. The two were inseparable and one of the cutest couples in the school. Fred was just an average guy. He was on the soccer team, had ok-ish grades, a girlfriend and never got into trouble, which was why FP liked him. He wasn't the typical stuck up northsider and appreciated FP for who he was and not his background.

Although Hermione was rich and looked a bit like a snob, this was far from reality. She had a kind heart, and surprisingly wasn't even that popular. Just like Fred, she didn't care about FP's history. They were friends and that was all that mattered.

„Ahem" FP mumbled under his voice.

The two sprung apart and glanced at FP.

Fred looked FP up and down. „Your early" he joked.

„I wanted to make a good impression.. plus who's late on the first day?"

„Well usually you, but good that you want to make a change" Hermione laughed.

FP was about to open his mouth to say something when he heard his name being called.

„Forsythe Jones please report to the principles office, I repeat Forsythe Jones please report to the principles office"

"You were saying" Fred joked

"I don't even know... god knows what I did this time" FP laughed.

He said bye and headed to the principles office. He slumped down in the chair outside the office. What had he done now? School hadn't even begun and he was already in trouble.

"Is this the principles office?"

He looked up to see a girl standing in front of him. Her hair was a light brown colour and reached her shoulders. She was wearing an oversized T shirt tucked into a pair of mom jeans. Basic but she definitely stood out. He quickly got up so he was face to face with her. He made eye contact with her bright blue eyes, the most stunning he had ever seen, causing him to smirk.

"Yeah.. yeah it is"

"Ok then"

"I guess I'm not the only one who's in trouble before the first freaking period on the first day back"

"Actually I'm new here" the girl replied laughing at his comment

"Oh ok.. well then welcome to the most remote place on the planet, and I guess I am the only one then" he laughed

"So what did you do to land yourself here before first period?"

"To be honest, I'm not entirely sure" they both laughed.

He had met this girl less than a minute ago, but she had already made his day ten times better. He was surprised at how easy it was to talk to her, and he knew they'd get along.

The door suddenly swung open and the principle ushered them in.

"I don't have time to see you individually before class so I'll make it quick" he said passing the girl a timetable.

"This is your timetable, if you have any further questions you know where to find me. And as for you Forsythe Pendleton Jones"

FP cringed to hear someone call him by his full name.

"This is for you" he said passing him a letter "and I want no nonsense this year ok?"

"Yes sir" FP said knowing he would fail.

"Then you're both free to go" he said pointing them in the direction of the door.

They both headed out and looked around the empty corridor. Just then, the bell rang indicating lessons had already begun.

"Fuck!" The girl exclaimed

"What?" FP asked, immediately concerned

"My first lesson is biology. God I hate that crap"

FP was taken aback as he didn't expect the choice of words from someone like her.

"Don't worry I hate it too. Do you know where to go?"

"I haven't a clue"

"Let me take you there"

"Haven't you got to get to class though?"

"Not gonna lie, I don't even know what I have first period"

He chuckled and walked her to the biology room.

"So.. Forsythe Pendleton Jones is it?"

"The II" he added

"Ok.. so what people call you-"

"FP. I go by FP"

"Nice"

"And yours is?"

"Definitely not as extravagant"

"Haha. No really what's your name?"

"Alice Susanna Smith"

"I like that. Alice. Ali"

She smiled at him. She'd known him less than 10 minutes, but it already felt like they'd been friends for way longer.

________________________________

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this book! I know not much happened, but I have a lot of storylines planned for this book!

In case you didn't know, I have two other falice related books, so if you're interested please check them out❤️

Thankyou x