n i n e

Over
»»————-  ————-««

Maddison's POV

Days after the photoshoot in Busan, I ignored all messages I received from Song Hee and Jimin. What's the point? I have to cut my ties to them.

I was actually contemplating whether to resign or not but everytime I try, my boss tears my resignation letter in half. He says he doesn't allow me to leave the company until I accept his offer to transfer to the nature & landscape photography department.

Isn't this slavery at this point?

But if I do leave and be a true freelancer no one will hire me as an architectural photographer and I won't accept offers in the field I'm good at which kind of sucks. 

"Maddison come here," a sunbae called who works across my desk.  Hwayoung is a grumpy sunbae who looks older than her real age. When I look at her, it feels like she always has the weight of the world on her shoulders. Her lips curling down, her eyebrows that never seem to get farther than one centimeter. Life definitely sucked all the happiness from her.

How ironic for me to say this.

She eyed me with a bored look over her thick rimmed glasses that she pushed with her middle finger when I got closer. 

"Jumin sunbae told me to edit all of these pictures," she said pointing at her monitor full of pictures of different architecture. Her eyes never leaving mine, "is it okay for you do it all? I have something else to do."

Her lips tugged into a smirk when I slowly nodded, reluctant to even take the job. 

"That's right. You should thank me I gave you something to do." She leaned her back on the swivel chair and lightly moved it from left to right. "You are such a waste of space here." 

I bit my lip to stop myself from cursing at her. I repeated the words, "I deserve this" in my head. I stared at her blankly keeping my calm. 

She snapped her fingers at me. "What are you still here for? I'll send you the pictures jeez. Don't mess it up like you always do." She twirled her chair facing back on her monitor. 

I bowed my head taking one glance at her monitor. She was scrolling through Facebook smiling to herself.

Tss. Lots of things to do my ass.

I went back to my desk and opened the applications necessary for the job she gave me. 

Editing the pictures she sent me will have to come first since I think it's the easiest. My report about the photoshoot of Song Hee will have to wait. Gods, I have so much things to do today.

With my left elbow rested on top of my desk and my cheek resting on my palm, I started working through the pictures. My right hand on top of the mouse navigating the editing process. 

I opened the first picture yawning, completely bored. The sound of my mouse clicking is the only thing keeping me awake.

The first one is a photo taken from a bird's eye view which is a spiral staircase, leaving a slight illusion.

Click. Click. Click.

I started with adjusting the exposure. I lowered the bar down seeing as the picture is too bright for my taste. Then proceeded with the contrast.

Click. Click. Click.

Oh. This one doesn't need too much contrast.

I toned it down a little bit. After that I settled on playing a little bit on the colors with the tone curve.