f i v e

important!!! pls do read the prologue again as I did minor changes before reading this one

_______________________________________

Firsts
»»————-  ————-««

Maddison's POV

The shoot wrapped up pretty quickly. The director and the photographers including me worked perfectly on sync, as if we're reading each other's minds. Even though I was lagging behind.

And the model, Song Hee made it so much easier too. She was really good. The instant the shoot started she totally changed into a whole different person that I almost didn't recognize the one I've been acquainted to.

She really is a professional.

It was an unique experience. I talked and met a lot of different people who had different perspectives on how the shoot was supposed to happen. I was just listening closely not contributing to the conversation.

I also heard that the photoshoot is for a magazine I've never heard of but apparently, this magazine is huge and they chose Song Hee as the cover, which means Song Hee is popular.

The photoshoot's venue is as expected at the beach. The director was scolding me a lot because of how like I said, bland the pictures were. I picked up on his directions pretty quickly that's why he's so confused as to why the results were like that.

"Geez, who even hired you?" The director whispered at some point (that I still heard loud and clear) shaking his head.

I felt really bad and guilty.

Heaving a sigh, I put away my camera and left it on top of the bedside table. I lied down on the bed feeling super tired and stared at the ceiling.

The room was quiet except for the roaring waves outside. The hotel after all was near the sea.

I closed my eyes as I listened to the waves crashing remembering how I got into my first company and how my first portrait photoshoot went. It was around the time that I first met Jungkook, after that incident with me accidentally taking a picture of him, we became really close days after that. We just clicked and he learned that I want to become a professional photographer.

Portrait was my first field in photography. It has a special place in my heart, it always will but...

"So why don't you apply in that J company? You keep on saying you want to but you're not even doing anything. Are you dumb or what? No one's even stopping you."

His words were harsh but it didn't hurt me. I think he was starting to get impatient because I've been bugging him for the last few days about the open spot in J company. I was overthinking and was totally scared. I was scared of getting rejected.

"Yeah I know," I replied, my eyes fixed on the rock below that I was playing with my feet.

We were sitting side by side on the swings at this park that just automatically became our hanging spot. I leaned my head towards the chain holding the swing.

"I'm just scared okay? What if I'm not good enough? What if I get rejected? What if some maniac stole my portfolio out of nowhere? What if I accidentally trip and dropped my portfolio on some mud and my pictures inside will get dirty? Wait, I'll apply first before even passing the portfolio that doesn't make any sense."

Jungkook stayed quiet listening to me. He was lightly pushing the swing back and forth with his feet on the ground.

"What if I just realized that my portfolio was dropped on the mud after passing it? Oh my gods, the horror. That's going to be really horrible right, Jungkook?"