t h r e e

Euphoria
»»————-  ————-««

Maddison's POV

I leaned against the tree trunk. I looked up towards the sky raising my hand as I pretend to grasp the clouds passing by. They honestly look like cotton candy!

Someone chuckled. I frowned and faced towards the owner of the voice. Not surprised to see Jeon Jeongguk towering over me with a smirk forming from his lips.

"You look dumb."

I ignored him. He lied down next to me also leaning his back against the trunk looking up towards the sky.

"What's so fun about the sky anyway? You always look at it whenever you have the chance."

"Well, you always look at me then whenever you have the chance," I answered back facing him but looking away the instant our eyes locked. His face was a few inches from mine. My hands flew up towards my chest feeling my heart hammering. Shit, I feel so nervous. I'm being so obvious right now with my cheeks slowly warming up. Knowing him, he will take this opportunity to tease me.

I am well aware of my feelings towards this man. I don't want to admit it but he really does give me the so-called butterflies inside the stomach and I hate him so much for that even though it is such a pleasant feeling to have.

"Jesus christ, Maddie do you like me?"

Holy shit. He did notice.

He was not wearing his usual smirk. Instead, he looked serious. His brows furrowed confused like he just realized something he shouldn't have.

I put enough distance between us. I tried my best to look nonchalant and hide my anxiousness from his question with a smirk secretly wishing I succeeded in doing so.

"Jeon, you are so full himself. It's normal to feel nervous and blush when girls are near guys you know? Especially when they're "that" close."

That was the lamest excuse I could ever think of. I don't think he'll buy it and I just generalized every girl out there. Stupid. I don't want to tell him how I feel because what if he doesn't feel the same way? What if he'll treat my feelings as some kind of joke? I don't want him to invalidate and brush off my feelings for him when it's all genuine.

I still want these feelings to go away because I'm so scared but how could I when he's being like this? He's everywhere.

His shoulders slumped then muttered a quiet okay. He averted his gaze and smiled, not reaching his eyes. Jungkook started to lay down the grass and I watched him as he raised his hand imitating the way I was catching the clouds earlier.

He said something incoherent in which I asked him to repeat but he just shook his head and smiled. I decided not to push further. What was he thinking about?

I lied down on the grass beside him.

"You just said I looked dumb doing this."

He chuckled.

"Yeah but it's fun and I didn't say that looking dumb while having fun is wrong."

I furrowed my brows. That absolutely did not make any sense.

"Maddie."

"Hmm?"

I saw him turned his head towards me, me still looking up because I didn't want it to happen again, it being when our lips are almost touching.