e i g h t

Danger, keep out!
»»————-  ————-««

Maddison's POV

I wondered what happened to Jimin. It was bothering me but I paid no attention to what I'm feeling because I'm not some kind of superhero nor some kind of angel who will comfort him and apologize until he gets better because I will not do that.

Anyway, the streets at night is beautiful as always with the buildings who are surrounded with lights of different colors that glowed and made the city brighter.

This is why I will always prefer night than day.

Seeing something as dark look effortlessly beautiful, less scarier because of how the lights and stars around them give it life, making it alive.

I wished it was the same case with people who live in the dark, people like me.

My feet started to feel sore walking around not bothering to find Yoongi his water. Meh, there's Jimin anyway; so I sat down on the pavement watching the cars drive past me.

This trip was such a waste of time. I figured I should go back to the hotel by the beach but I don't have it in me to return that quickly and I have to buy the stupid water.

Why doesn't he have any water there anyway?

Aish, whatever.

I was busy watching the cars past by, counting the yellow cars when a lamp post caught my attention across. No, the lamp post was not the one who caught my attention but the person who has his arms cross, whose head is leaning against the post. His left leg in front of the other.

I squinted my eyes at the figure.

Is that Jimin?

From here I can see that his eyes are close and that he's sleeping there while standing. A child bumped into him that he almost fall out of balance but he held unto the lamp post. He was shaking his head as if trying to keep himself awake.

If he's that tired he could just stay at some hotel and sleep but no he decided to be extra and sleep at some public place where people can see him while standing. I'd be okay if he slept like that somewhere, where I couldn't see him but no, he has the audacity to do that in front of me.

It's freaking annoying. It's annoying that it's bothering me so much.

I stood up to leave before he sees me, before we make eye contact.

My phone beeped while walking. I stopped to see and check whose message it is from.

It's from Song Hee.

Model Song Hee

you guys go on ahead since I think i'll stay here a litte longer

leave the water to me

dont worry I'll go back before the photoshoot starts tomorrow

tell jimin if he hurts you it's friendship over for him

I was too preoccupied at the message that I didn't notice that Jimin is already standing in front of me.

He wasn't saying anything,  if anything his eyes spoke for himself. His stare piercing through me, through my very soul. I was paralyzed at the spot but I wasn't scared nor nervous. In fact, there's some kind of giddy feeling inside of me now that he's standing in front finally his eyes on me.

After what I felt like a decade, a small smile formed from his lips that I let out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding back. 

"Maddison," he called my name gently but somehow it was heavy, "how could you leave me with a stranger back at the train?"