Conner x reader: Combat & Cuddles [Fluff]

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Requested by: patrixianne

may i request a conner x reader (fluff!) where the reader is a new officer and hank was assigned to be her 'mentor'. eventually conner and the reader grew close and one day the reader notices that she's lacking skill in hand-to-hand combat so she asks conner to spar with her for practice and while they take a break they chat for a while and one thing leads to another and the next thing they know they're confessing their feelings for each other?? i'm sorry if this is too vague asdfgh i love the book so far!! ♡♡

~~~

Doing a fluff, cos' I have to cleanse myself from doing all dem smuts xD.

So gonna do a cute fluff, with our fav cinnamon roll Connor :3

Warning: Mild Swearing, Overprotective Hank

Word Count: 2111

~~~

   "Good evening sir, you must be lieutenant Anderson, I am (y/n) (l/n)", I said in a respectful manner, reaching out my hand for a handshake.  But the man in front of me just walks pass me, giving me the 'I don't give a shit' face.  "Sir, I was told that you are my new mentor", I said factually, making him stop in his tracks. He turned to face me and rolled his eyes, "fine, follow me", I nodded yes in response, taking long strides to catch up with the lieutenant. "So I am your mentor then officer (y/n)? I'm guessing, new to the force? never saw and asshole like you before", he said bluntly.  "Yes, you are correct. And you are what I have heard the legendary Hank Anderson, I've heard great things about you", I said, looking around at the amazing technology. "What legendary shit?  Me being behind bars?", he snorted out, opening the door to get outside.

  "Well, you know the saying, to catch the criminal you have to think like a criminal", I giggled out, getting a weird look from lieutenant Anderson.  "So you say", he said annoyed, him walking to a bench and sitting down.  Then me taking a sit near him, leading him to scoot further down away from me.  I took as, 'stay the fuck away from me', so I stayed where I was sitting.  "So tell me shit about you, or what the fuck mentors say", he said rubbing his face, and then putting his elbows on his knees.  "Well I did graduate top in my class in College, I was also awarded with many rewards", I said nicely, swinging my legs forward and back.  "First of all, congratulations with being a fucking nerd, and second of all stop being sickeningly sweet, its gonna make me puke more than me being hungover on a Monday morning", he said, pretending to vomit at the end.

  "Second of all, find a new mentor, your probably sick of me already. And I also don't do mentoring", he said looking down at his feet.  "No", I said looking at him with a smile, "No, what shitface", he said still looking at the ground.  "I admire you lieutenant, even though there were mistakes made, I still think your the best detective we have in Detroit.  Besides, I like the fact that your blunt and honest", I said, this time him looking up seeing my smile.  He stayed quiet, and with out warning he stood up about to walk away.  Making me tilt my head confused saying, "Why are you pushing me away, sir?", making him stop where he was.  "What are you talking about?", he said with venom in his voice.

  "I took psychology classes during my years in College, I learned a lot from it", I said, with him turning on his heel and stomping towards me.  Pushing a finger into my chest, "you didn't answer my fucking question", he said angrily, not fazing me a bit.  "I'm saying that your pushing people away, you don't want to trust somebody.  As your afraid that if you make a bond with the person, even though its strong, it could break any time. I'm guessing something tragic occurred in the past with a loved one?", I stated strongly, "Cole", he whispered.  When lieutenant Hank looked up he squinted his eyes, opening his mouth about say something, but he was interrupted by me saying, "but no worry, I will be going no where sir. I will humbly be by your side, as you are my mentor. I will learn from you, and maybe you learn from me to", I said smiling at him.