Chapter ~3~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Lance PoV)

Lance swam as fast as he could to his reef. His gills were flared, and he was breathing heavily. "Mom!" He yelled as he flew through the entrance.

"Is everything alright, Lance?" His mother looked up from his younger twin brothers. "Where were you last night?" She suddenly looked concerned, swimming towards him.

"I got washed up onto the shore," Lance was breathless, struggling to keep in all of his emotions. "A human boy tried to help me."

"Did he see you?!" His mother grabbed his shoulders, tail swishing in an agitated manner. Her sail was rising slightly, showing her distress. She didn't want her son to be banned from the kingdom.

"I don't think so," Lance lied, "But it was terrifying." His tail swished as his gills flattened. He was obviously upset and afraid that his mother would get mad.

His mother enveloped him in a huge hug. "You're lucky you weren't seen, try not to give me a heart attack like that ever again!" She commanded, cupping his face.

Lance leaned into his mother's touch, glad that he was no longer in the horrifying human world. He grinned at her, a full genuine grin.

"You should speak to King Alfor about this," Lance's mother suggested. "It would be good for you to discuss what happened with him, he could give you some advice and make sure you're not in any danger."

The blue-tailed merman bit the inside of his cheek, but decided that it would be good to speak with King Alfor. Maybe he could say hi to his friend Allura, he was sure that she would be worried sick about him.

Despite Lance's constant flirting, him and Allura were rather close. Hunk was also a close friend of Lance and the two of them together would have noticed his absence from their usual morning meetings.

Lance loved both of his friends and would enjoy a chance to see them again, plus, a talk with King Alfor wouldn't hurt. He nodded his head, swimming out of the cave. He made his way towards the castle, going as fast as he could.

As soon as Lance could catch onto a current, he lifted his sail and caught it. The current made it easier for him to swim, even though he was already a strong swimmer.

The castle came into view. Lance had no idea what was waiting for him inside.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I've been really bad at updating recently because I've been busy but okay. Have a super short chapter :,)