Chapter 51

Chapter 51

Before Keith continued, he pulled out an apple, and took a bite. A thoughtful expression on his face, he looked at the others.

"Get the DRAGOONs ready, we will be leaving after I deal with Nicky." The other fourth years nodded, and disappeared. A split second later, four of the five DRAGOONs lit up.

"Now then, where should I begin?"

Nick opened his mouth to speak, but Keith raised a hand as he chewed another bite of apple.

"It was a rhetorical question Nicky. Just stay their quietly like a good boy." Nick wondered if he could create a portal and escape before Keith could react, but knew he couldn't leave Naomi and Becca.

"I wouldn't try it Nicky. I know your every thought, you won't act before me." He smiled, and finished his apple.

"Now then, the obvious part of this, yes, I have Intellectual powers." He grinned. "I'm not strong enough to control people with my mind, or any of those fun Int skills, but I have been able to read thoughts since my second year here."

All Nick could manage with his Int powers were fuzzy noises of thoughts from others.

"Next, why am I doing this? That is probably the most important question right?" Nick starred at him, silently.

"Well, there are a few parts to that story, so I suppose I can start at the beginning." He pulled out another apple. Nick could only hope he took his time, so that Dawon would be able to reach Alana and get the help he needed.

"Again Nicky, I'm in your head." He took a bite. "First, the four others are currently at full power in their DRAGOONs. If anyone shows up, they will be able to act and eliminate any threat. Second, even without the DRAGOONs, what makes you think a fourth year, who isn't even in the top physicals, could even stand a chance against me?"

"And furthermore, thanks to you, I know that Eli is gone on a Top Secret mission. So the only possible threat that existed at this school, the only thing stopping us from taking action, is away, and will not return." He smiled wickedly at Nick. "Without that information Nick, your loved ones would have been safe."

Nick lunged at Keith, and his fist was met by an invisible wall. Of course he knew it was fruitless, but his anger had overcome. Keith kicked him back, sending him skidding to the ground.

"Cute Nicky, but you don't stand a chance." He laughed as he chucked his apple core at Nick. "Now, listen a little longer, and then I'll kill you."

Nick stayed quiet, trying to keep his mind completely empty. He could see Dagr circling the area, and as much as his mind wanted to race for a solution, such as using Dagr to attack Keith, he tried his best to keep it empty.

"Now, to begin with why I am doing this. The short answer is because I, and those four with me, do not want to be pawns for the CCUP. We each have our own underlying reasons, but that is the core of our reasoning." For a second his eyes looked at Nick, with pity. "You know, my first year here, I was just like you. I wanted to save the world."

"Then what?" Nick growled, refusing to stay completely silent.

"Then, my Int powers developed, and through my newfound ability to hear people's thoughts, I learned some terrifying truths." His eyes grew serious. "We are losing the war."