Sherlock Holmes | His One Caring Friend

*Highschool AU, trigger warning: short mention of self harm and suicide*

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You quietly opened the door to the flat, it smelled like paint and it was cold. You didn't live here, not yet. It's the flat of your friend, Sherlock.

You fought with your parents, they didn't want you to move out, because you just graduated from Highschool and you weren't even one month in college.

Now you found yourself in this decrepit building, away from home. You took off at night with your old bike to Sherlock, he gave you the key to his flat as soon as he moved in.

You're scared, you could find the genius in every possible state, sleeping, reading, smoking (even though you weren't very fond of it), or even dead. It scared the shit out of you that it's still a possibility, that he still frightens you with leaving suicide as an alternative.

Carefully you stepped over paint pots and cardboard boxes. From a room across the corridor came quiet music, the door was left ajar. You sneaked into the room, which was only lightened by fairy lights, some of the LEDs didn't even work anymore. Therefore it was pretty dark, on the floor you spotted the silhouette of an old record player, one of "Simon & Garfunkel"'s albums was playing. It was his favorite vinyl, always has been.

In another corner you discovered a mattress in the gloominess of the room. Cautiously you approached it and kneeled down beside it. He was sleeping, more or less peacefully.

Through the years you picked up a certain skill, you could spot bandages and patches within seconds. Sherlock's arms were covered in said material. You exhaled noisily in defeat and dropped your head. You failed him, again. You couldn't help him, again.

Gently you laid your hand on his shoulder, he jerked and turned around hectically. His dream was obviously everything but nice.

You took off your jacket and carefully laid down beside him. He started to toss around again, quickly you pulled him into a hug and pressed him tightly against your chest. "I'm right here", you whispered. Satisfied you watched how his breath slowly evened out again.