Chapter Fourteen: Carriage Ride

Jisung had never really been to the stables. He had been around horses in his childhood a lot though, having grown up in countryside. A groom greeted them both and asked if they wanted a carriage ride to which they said yes. Then they waited in the back on a bench swing for them to tack up. They mostly waited in silence now again glancing at each other offering shy smiles. Finally everything was ready. The cart itself wasn't the most elaborate but it was best on hand at such short notice. There were two velvet seat cushions on an elm cart, carved out and fitted with the seats. The horse selected was of medium stature and had gentle eyes. Jisung guessed it was probably an adult mare, maybe sixteen to seventeen hands high. She was most likely a pure Oldenburg from her elegantly arched neck.

"She was all we could get on a short notice, your highness. I do hope you don't mind."

"She's looking alright isn't she? Her coat is very shiny, good job on grooming her."

"Ah yes, thank you, your highness." Minho and Jisung climbed on and they set off down the garden path, in silence at first. Minho broke the silence by saying,

"I'm not fond of admitting so, but I like you Jisung. You have that irresistible atmosphere about you that I can't help but fall for. I'm supposed to rule this kingdom, nothing more, and it's resulted in me having a rather unreactive character. You compliment this part of me well. I don't mind if you don't feel the same way, just accept my feelings and that's enough."

Jisung looked slightly taken aback at the long statement but turned to look at Minho in the eye.

"Minho...it feels weird calling you that...I accept your feelings. I would like to say as well that I like you too. May you rule this kingdom well and fairly for the rest of your days." Minho licked his lips and lightened the mood.

"You can cut the formal language as well if you want."

"Thank you Minho." The older leant forward to kiss Jisung softly on the forehead. Jisung closed his eyes and the corners of his mouth tugged up.

"You look adorable."