Chapter Eleven: Side Dish

It was seven o'clock on the dot, on the fifteenth of February. Guests had started to arrive an hour before. Finally they all flowed into the ballroom where they were met with an offer of a glass of champagne and an array of side dishes, including and not limited to: seared tuna on crostinis, smoked salmon with avocado, dates and blue cheese and marinated olives. The orchestra started playing, starting off with a well-known favourite- Autumn by Vivaldi. The guests were merry and laughing, some got up to dance.

Minho had come dressed in a frilled white top underneath a violet robe with lime green ornaments sewed on, along with a white pair of trousers and a white half mask, similar to the one used in the 'phantom of the opera'. His brown hair had been styled naturally but didn't cover his eyes. People greeted him and bowed as he walked in. He spotted one young man dressed in a crisp cream shirt with a yellow tie and an orange jacket. He was also wearing a dull silver full-face mask. It wasn't much special but there was something very tempting about this one. Minho quickly got everyone's attention and made his speech: thanks for coming, hope you have a good time, I hope you keep supporting me. Everyone applauded and the party resumed. Minho made his way to the bar, where the man with the yellow tie was standing. He greeted him and shook his hand. The prince couldn't quite make out his voice from underneath the mask. There was something suspiciously mysterious about this man. It attracted Minho. Yet there was a radiant vibe from him that seemed familiar to Minho. He couldn't quite place why this man was so familiar yet queer.

They both chatted blissfully whilst drinking. After an hour or so, Minho had begun to feel a bit tipsy. It at first didn't have much effect but then he started shamelessly flirting with the man. Asking his name hadn't even crossed his mind. After a couple more cups, the alcohol really started to get to his system. The orchestra had started playing 'Danse Macabre' by Saint-Saens. It started quiet then slowly got quicker paced and more feisty. Without thinking much, Minho grabbed the man's hand and dragged him up to the balcony far above the ballroom, stumbling up the stairs. The man surprisingly just went with the flow. You could still hear the music playing downstairs. Once they got up there, Minho sat on a bench and bit his lip,

"Seduce me."