Chapter Three: Introduction

Letters and newspapers were scattered all around his office. That was kind of the way Minho liked it, even though his staff recommended he cleaned it up he refused. He picked up an article from the top of a pile on the coffee table and began to read. The usual mundane thing. Around noon, someone knocked at his closed door.

"Come in." His butler came in with a young man, around his age, dressed in white cotton head to toe and slicked back black hair. This new person seemed to radiate energy as he was just standing there. Smiling, Minho observed. What a vibrant smile.

"Your highness, this is your new personal servant, as your mother told you about." The younger man bowed and greeted Minho.

"Greetings, your highness. My name is Han Jisung, I will be your new personal servant from now on. I hope I will live up to your standards!" He grinned widely. Minho could tell that it wasn't fake, and Jisung was genuinely happy.

"Glad to meet you, Jisung." Minho stood up and extended his hand in greeting.

"You may leave, butler." He bowed and left as instructed, closing the door behind him.

"Take a seat, Jisung." He sat down on an armchair promptly. Minho smiled softly, and somewhat fondly.

"So, my parents recruited you. You must be of the very best then, I assume." Jisung lightly chuckled and slightly shook his head. "I don't know what made them believe that, I really am nothing special. But if you see something like that in me, then I hope I will make you happy because of it." Jisung's aura was practically glowing with optimism and from what Minho associated, the colour yellow. A bright, orangy, pale sunshine yellow.

"I trust that my parents have made a good decision in choosing you to serve me. You don't seem awfully shy. I like that." Jisung thanked him and bowed a little.

"I will now ask you to leave and have the staff show you around the palace. If I need you, I will call for you." And with that, Jisung got up and left the room, after curtsying and smiling to himself. The door clicked shut and Minho was left staring at the bronze decoration on the door. He looked at the ground and walked back to his desk.

"How charming."